PDA

View Full Version : What do I do (picture)

DantePasquale
02-23-2004, 10:06 PM
Picked up my `new` 2003 525i tonite.

A beautiful ride with 12,800 miles on it. After leaving the dealer, noticed markings on black plastic. See pics below..

I tried some AIO on it, rear piece, lower third portion. That made it glossy, but markings are still there :(

You can not feel anything with your fingers...... any ideas on how to fix b4 I call the dealer tomorrow???:confused:

LDPaul
02-23-2004, 10:50 PM
those are usually plastic sheets that must be replaced by the dealer. You might try a little dacp. I have had a couple replaced and usually under warranty. If you have to pay if I remember the cost was about $25 a side.

Mantic6t9
02-23-2004, 10:54 PM
Yep i would replace them. That or you could paint them but i don`t think you want to do that.

imported_Dave Holmes
02-24-2004, 12:12 AM
Not sure about on your car, but on mine they are vinyl tape. Some people "mod" their`s by removing the tape (it`s painted/clear-coated underneath, atleast on Maxima`s). I priced the vinyl tape at a local sign shop, and it`ll cost me less than $10 to do all of mine which are showing their age.

Dave

BlueDragonZ
02-24-2004, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by pwalk

Picked up my `new` 2003 525i tonite.

A beautiful ride with 12,800 miles on it. After leaving the dealer, noticed markings on black plastic. See pics below..

I tried some AIO on it, rear piece, lower third portion. That made it glossy, but markings are still there :(

You can not feel anything with your fingers...... any ideas on how to fix b4 I call the dealer tomorrow???:confused:

I would just call the dealership and let them figure it out. I wouldn`t do anything else to it since you don`t really know what it is, you might make it worse.