PDA

View Full Version : Need Microfiber/Towel Help

ZaneO
02-23-2004, 02:45 PM
I have read and am still very confused on different MFs/Towels for different jobs. Will you guys please help me get squared away?

I will be buying some DF microfibers for drying duty.

What is the best for removing polishes (ie. Menzerna twins)?

What is the best for removing sealants/waxes (ie. Zaino, S100)?

What about autofibers.com or pakshak.com?

I have looked at Viper and CBT, but I am not sure if those are the best for my purposes.

Thanks in advance. :xyxthumbs

ZaneO
02-23-2004, 09:41 PM
Anyone, please?

shaf
02-23-2004, 09:57 PM
Personally, I think you`re trying too hard at this.

I`m pretty sure many, if not most, people have only ONE set of MF terry towels that they use for all detailing jobs, and a WW or two to dry.

I`d look into reviews of individual towel sellers/brands myself.

ZaneO
02-23-2004, 10:06 PM
I am sure you are right; I tend to do that :D

Do you have any brand recommendations for me?

I do some more searching.

maharaja
02-23-2004, 10:30 PM
classic motoring accessories at properautocare.com has some good stuff i purchased my MF towels and waffle weave(WW) drying towels there

MBZ 500E
02-23-2004, 10:31 PM
To remove Wax/Polish I`ve been using the Meguiars Ultimate Wipes which work well and last. I`d imagine any high quality MF will be just as good.

I just bought the Magic Towel from CMA for QD purposes only, I`ll post my opinion when they arrive.

I was using a CBT which fell apart unfortunately. The CBT is very nice for final wipedown but a little too frail IMHO, mine is beat after 8 months of use. I tried using the CBT to remove NXT once but found the Megs MF was much easier and faster. CBT is best for those who are gentle and don`t have a lot of trim to catch on.

Accumulator
02-24-2004, 11:57 AM
Zane0- I too have *many* different MFs, but you could get by just fine with some WWs from Ian at (?- used to be Microfibertech.com) and some plush ones from YoSteve.

ZaneO
02-24-2004, 12:02 PM
Thanks for all the replies.