PDA

View Full Version : Z2 bonding issue with Z6

kimtt
02-23-2004, 06:24 AM
Just wash my car with normal car shampoo, Z6, and put a layer of Z2 on it (previously done Z5 with ZFX x 5 + 1 Z2), buff off with cotton towel. After that decided to put Z6 on it, and I found the Z6 will left a shadow on the surface no matter how hard I wipe it off, once it is dried it left shadow on it (can clearly see it since my car is black). Do you guys have this problem before? I suspect that since I am doing Z2 without ZFX, so that might be the bonding issue here between Z2 and Z6.

What is your opinion?

tomstin
02-23-2004, 07:48 AM
Too much Z6? "After it dried"? I mist it on and wipe it down, flip the towel and give it another wipe. How much did you use?

imported_BretFraz
02-23-2004, 08:10 AM
Did you use Z1 or ZFX with the Z2? Z2 and Z5 will streak/cloud if you don`t use the curing agents. You can`t apply Z2/5 to a finish like you can a normal car wax.

Also, what was the estimated temp outside and of the paint surface? Sometimes that has an effect on how a product reacts.

kimtt
02-23-2004, 08:41 AM
I applied Z2 directly without ZFX or Z1, because my car already have ZFX session before, and since I only applied 1 layer of Z2, I guess it is ok, not?

I use only very little of Z6, and I applied it straight after I buff of Z2, and the temp is around 30 degree celcius, typical tropical day.

tomstin
02-23-2004, 09:17 AM
Hmmmm, not sure what happened. I use Z2 after a wash quite regularly, hitting it with the Z6 before and after on all three cars, two dark colors. Never had a problem. Was the surface too hot maybe?????? In the sun? Don`t know what to say??????? Maybe something on the cloth?????

kimtt
02-23-2004, 09:50 AM
I think the weather and temp is ok as it was during tropical evening, I suspected it was caused by my cloth. I`ve tried 2 cloth, 1 is a cheap normal polishing cloth with very poor drying capability, I guess the Z6 dried on the surface leaving those shadow mark. I`ve ordered good towels from my Zaino supplier, hopefully it will solve my problem.

ZaneO
02-23-2004, 11:45 AM
I`ve used Zaino for 5 years and never had that happen to me. If you Z6 again and it won`t come off, I would suggest washing with Z7.