PDA

View Full Version : Air Freshner??

Pages : [1] 2

MetalSludge
02-22-2004, 08:54 AM
I was wanderign what kind of air freshner products you use in your vehicles to keep them smelling good.

I have just been buying that cheap pump spray stuff Wal-Mart has and it smells great for about 1hr then its gone.

1999NCSU
02-22-2004, 09:22 AM
I have been using Yankee Candles Car Jars. You can get them at Hallmark stores. I love Coconut Bay, smells like the beach.

imported_Greg
02-22-2004, 11:09 AM
Once in a while, I will go to the Yankee Candle store and get the leather ones and just keep one in my car overnight and then take it out the next day. Then keep it in a plastic bag and do it again in a week or so. I don`t like a real heavy scent, just fresh so I keep my interior real clean and I`ve never had a smelling issue. Also, many leather conditioners smell fantastic which add to the leather smell.

Mr Concours
02-22-2004, 11:54 AM
I mainly leave one of the cheap gel `lemon` or `citrus fruits` air freshners hidden in the car,sometimes I buy a automotive air freshner from the company that make the Christmas tree shaped paper air freshners called `new car smell` and occaisionaly I use a couple of squirts of Groits Interior leather scent on the carpets near the heater, but less really is more with that product.

luke667
02-22-2004, 12:07 PM
i like to use the meguiars odour neutraliser, and should the car still smell slightly funky, i spritz a bit of febreze...

i was wonderin..u guys that use candles...do u light the candle in the car?? or do u just leave it overnight?

Alex Creasey
02-22-2004, 01:05 PM
Got to go with Mr Concours on this one.... Magic Tree `New Car Smell`. My fave of all of them.

Occaisionally use the Meg`s Odor Eliminator but mainly on family cars, especially my brothers car as he is a smoker. I gave him a bottle and told him to keep using it as the air fresheners he liked didn`t seem to work well or last long. He says the OE is a definite help.

Cheers :).

vwjettak2gti16v
02-22-2004, 03:58 PM
luke667 its not really a candle but an airfreshener made after a popular candle company

luke667
02-22-2004, 06:30 PM
oh ok...cos i have been hearin about that product from a couple ppl...got any links?

1999NCSU
02-22-2004, 08:08 PM
Yankee Candle Car Jar (http://www.yankeecandle.com/cgi-bin/ycbvp/listing.jsp?category=%2fRetail%2fHome+Fragrance%2f Car+Jars)

You can find them in most malls in the US, don`t know about the UK. I get mine from a Hallmark store. I have heard good things about the leather ones too, but I don`t have leather seats.

Auto Care USA
02-22-2004, 10:23 PM
Are these actual jars? How long do they last?

ahunt01
02-22-2004, 11:04 PM
I use the Ionic Breeze Dashboard Ionizer car air freshner and I`m pleased with it. http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/catalog/productview.jhtml?sku=SI629BLK

luke667
02-23-2004, 05:17 AM
i`ve been seeing loads of these air ionizer things around, for rooms, offices, cars, etc....they seem a lil pricey for makin the air smell better...what do they do? and are they a scam?

as for the yankee candles i did a search, but all i can find is ppl who sell the actual candles from yankee candle.....any brits know where i can hold of some of the air fresheners?

1999NCSU
02-23-2004, 01:36 PM
Are these actual jars? How long do they last?

They are not jars, just cardboard with picture of a yankee candle jar. They last about a month, a little longer in my reg. cab truck.

They are fancy $2 versions of the little trees.

Scottwax
02-23-2004, 03:49 PM
Ain`t nothin` wit` tha name `yankee` gonna be anywhere`s near ma car!

I haven`t really found anything long last enough to be worth the cost.

Mr. Clean
02-23-2004, 06:46 PM
As Scottwax mentioned, none of the sprays seem to last too long. I haven`t come across any real funk odor to combat, so Ozium, Febreze, or Citrus Magic work just fine for me. They are each readily available and have a pleasant scent. Others have mentioned placing a dryer sheet under the seat. I have not tried that.