PDA

View Full Version : 303 & Z16 Vs. Tire Gels

jsoto
02-21-2004, 10:25 PM
I was prepping a set of wheels that I am dropping off to someone who is buying my old set. First step was Mothers Clearcoat Polish just to shine it up since it`s been sitting in storage. I then applied a nice healty coating of Z16.

Just brought back how MUCH I like using Z16 or 303 on tires. It`s gives me the finish I want but I could never get this stuff to last. After using 303 or Z16 for 8 months, I switched to Meguiars Endurance Gel strictly for the durability. I usually apply the Gel and then buff off the excess. The first day or so, it`s a bit too Wet for my taste but it does die down to a matte sheen.

BoxsterCharlie
02-21-2004, 11:01 PM
I wasn`t the first to think of this, but I use a nice base of 303, topped by Endurance. Works great for me!

jsoto
02-22-2004, 11:11 AM
Won`t the Endurance just gloss up the 303 ? Or are you using the 303 just to give it some UV protection. I`ve never did a combo as the Endurance after being *buffed off* is still a bit too glossy for me but it`s the tradeoff for the durability factor.

imported_hayless
02-22-2004, 11:59 AM
jsoto,

When you say that you couldn`t get the 303 or the Z16 to last--what timeframe are you talking about? Thanks.

Joey

kbshadow
02-22-2004, 12:17 PM
Dennis at 303 called me one day about something else, and I asked him about 303 not lasting long enough.

He said most people don`t buff it out enough, that the more you buff it the longer it lasts, I tried putting it on thick than really buffing it in and it makes a big difference, lasts a lot longer.

Hope this helps.

Bob

Stockton Ca

BoxsterCharlie
02-22-2004, 05:29 PM
I leave the tires soaking in 303 overnight and then scrub the heck out of them. Then I repeat the next day. It lasts really long and I think the UV protection prevents the browning.

The Endurance is only when I want a like extra gloss. Here is my tires with just the 303 after numerous treatments.

http://home.comcast.net/~charlesgordon/after.jpg