PDA

View Full Version : What would you recommend?

Kebmike
02-21-2004, 07:31 PM
I am still a newbie, and have learned a lot, but I would like a little help from the more experienced.

I have an 02 BMW 325i in steel blue metallic that I want to add a little more protection to and see if I can get it to look wetter. It is garaged at home and in a deck at work, and the paint is really in excellent shape. As far as I can tell it is still swirl free, so I don’t know if I need to polish. All I have ever used on it is P21S and EF Clear Pearl QD.

I have GEPC & P21S, the Klasse twins, and new bottle of NXT.

What would you recommend?

AIO + SG?

AIO + NXT?

NXT + P21S as a topper?

Some other combo?

I assume that if I AIO it will remove the wax. If I decide on NXT without AIO, I figured that I should Dawn wash first, or does NXT have enough cleaner action to remove the P21S?

Any advice would be appreciated. TIA.

Mantic6t9
02-21-2004, 07:43 PM
You can go wrong with any of those choices. I`ve been thinking about trying a sealant on my m3. I`m leaning toward AIO/SG/s100 or AIO/UPP/s100.

I have read that NXT seems to hamper matalic paints. You may want to read more into that.

Frank F.
02-21-2004, 07:49 PM
On my new Porsche I have had good luck with the following: Two coats of AIO by machine, followed by two coats of SG. A few days later I apply P21S wax by hand, let it dry for one hour and buff. The shine is great. David B sells the kit under the name "Perfect Shine".