PDA

View Full Version : nxt on rims

dcswd
02-21-2004, 04:54 PM
I didnt find it in the search, so heres my question.

Has anyone tried using NXT wax on their rims? Or maybe id be the pioneer for this and test it out (unless of course its going to hurt them) My rims arent too great in the first place though.

Most people seem to use AIO/SG, but I dont have any of that at the moment, so I thought NXT might be good. Any sugestions?

Don
02-21-2004, 04:56 PM
I haven`t seen anything to make me believe you`d have problems

GoodnClean
02-21-2004, 08:34 PM
You can use anything on the wheels you can use on the paint as long as they`re clearcoated ;)

LouisanaJeeper
02-21-2004, 09:54 PM
I just put NXT on some real non- clearcoated chrome wheels today. I`ll try to get some pics.

Eagle one Chrome Wheel Cleaner (acidic)

Rinse

Blue Magic chrome polish

Car Wash

NXT

LouisanaJeeper
02-21-2004, 10:01 PM
50/50 water/armorall on tires BTW

don`t mind the red on the lug, just a little grease on the lock lug to keep it from rusting (and being a PITA to remove) if I happen to run through some mud

dcswd
02-21-2004, 10:58 PM
well, I put some on my rims. I didnt think it looked too much different, but then again, my rims are a bit damaged in the first place. But im mostly interested in what they do for the brake dust... which of course I wont know for a week or so.

gb387
02-21-2004, 11:39 PM
I have it on my rims... they are clear coat kind of a silver metallic. Then NXT brought out the Metallic shined up well. Its been on there a week now not sure how its going to hold up with the heat.

Dinzdale40
02-23-2004, 01:46 PM
i used it on mine and noticed a really slick finish like when i use SG on it. I didnt really get to test durability tho cause i forgot it was on there and sprayed some wheel cleaner so it`s prolly gone for the most part by now but the wheels did get pretty slick. I have painted silver wheels.

imported_CBX Carl
02-24-2004, 09:23 AM
I used it on 2 of 4 rims to see how well it does compared to AIO/SG.

SKIM_NYC
02-25-2004, 02:17 AM
I tried NXT on my rims and I did not see any difference. But then again, my wheels have had a coat of Gold Class on them since I got them. Here is a pic:

http://img22.photobucket.com/albums/v65/GreyFixer/Dsc00012.jpg

1 Clean WS6
02-25-2004, 01:37 PM
Here is a side shot of NXT on my drag racing rims. They are the stock Y2K WS6 wheels that have been powdercoated black. The NXT removed/hid the light surface swirls.

Newport Viper
02-25-2004, 11:08 PM
Used it on mine, ( powdercoated... no clear) helped keep the brake dust down. I followed it with a mini CCD after a drive, works great!

imported_Terry
02-26-2004, 06:06 AM
It works fine......I `ve NXT`d 4 cars & have used it on 4 sets of rims....It looks very good......I `m also concerned about the durability & intend to `spot ` check the results after a month.....

Wang
02-27-2004, 12:13 AM
very good in order to last on wheels. Klasse, on the other hand is engineered heat resistant (deflects heat and blocks UV to a very high degree to be called a sunscreen. I would use Klasse on wheels over NXT. The more I read about NXT, the more I am led to believe that it is an appearance item. Klasse, on the other hand was conceived as a protector / cleaner / polish. The wonderful "Pop" appearance of Klasse seems an afterthough by those wonderfully intelligent Germans. This was quickly adopted by the us westerners because we like the flashiness that showcars should look.