PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this?

Berrier
02-20-2004, 09:49 PM
I am trying to put something togethor here to use a detailing process. I am rather new to this this what I am thinking after reading here and a few other sites:

Wash Megs Gold Class

Clay Mothers

3M Finesse It II Machine Polish Yellow Cutting Pad

[COLOR=darkblue]Four Star Ultimate Paint Cleaner Polishing Pad

Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection Finishing Pad

P21S Carnuba Wax Hand Applied

Megs Final Detail for a QD after each wash

Accumulator
02-21-2004, 11:40 AM
RottenDog- You might need something in between the FI-II and the UPP. It`s been forever since I used FI-II, but as I recall, I used something milder afterwards. I didn`t really like the FI-II myself, but others do.

If you didn`t already get the P21S yet, maybe consider Meg`s #16. It`s a *VERY* similar look, but much longer lasting, better at hiding imperfections, and a "heavier" wax that might give you a little added protection. It really is worth considering, one can will (literally) last you many years. I have them both, and really recommend the #16 more often. That is assuming you even feel the need to top the UPP at all. I don`t on the S8 and I`m pretty picky about how that looks.

Oh, and *I* am in the minority, but Gold Class wash isn`t slippery enough for me. I prefer Griot`s Car Wash, but it costs about three times as much.

shaf
02-22-2004, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by RottenDog

3M Finesse It II Machine Polish Yellow Cutting Pad Since I`m unfamiliar with your level of experience and don`t know what shape your paint is in, all I can suggest is that you are sure that you actually require the strength of a "cutting" step. If you do, then your paint must have some moderately deep swirls...