PDA

View Full Version : Do ya`ll wash all your towels, applicators etc all at once

jsoto
02-20-2004, 03:50 PM
I generally wash my MF`s in one load and I just rinse the dirty rags, tire rag, etc.

I used NXT yesterday and this stuff is OILY. So I sprayed it with some Citri-Gel and let it sit for a couple of minutes. This didn`t cut it. I ended up soaking it with Water/Dawn, changed water - another soak with water/dawn and then I just washed the foam applicator with my MF. Everything is all nice and clean for the next wash.

Just writing to see what some of fellow Autopian cleaning methods are.

tom p.
02-20-2004, 04:12 PM
I always pre-wash any really funky towels or applicators in DAWN in the laundry sink and clean 90% of the crud out. You just can`t run all that junk thru the wash machine unless you have a dedicated washer that won`t be used for clothes. :argue

If the appliacators are real bad, I clean with Orange Blast, Simple Green and Dawn as necessary and scrub a little with a small brush.

Apart from that, MFs get washed only with MFs and cotton only with other cotton.

Mantic6t9
02-20-2004, 04:52 PM
I still hand wash mine seperatly.

gb387
02-20-2004, 06:32 PM
wash applicators in the sink with dish washing soap... then wash the microfibers with woolite in the washing machine... then the 100% cotton towels I don`t care as much about and do not use on any painted surface, I use liquid Tide in the washing machine.

Not sure what is right but it works for me.

Frank F.
02-20-2004, 06:56 PM
I wash all MF together in the washing machine but only after washing them in the sink with liquid dishwashing soap.