PDA

View Full Version : Baby Meguiars

luke667
02-20-2004, 02:00 PM
The other day i was lookin in a magazine, and they were selling models of cars in it..i also noticed that the cars came wit itty bitty bottles of Megs QD or Quik Wax...can`t remember... they were really cool, and would be cool to add to my collection, or keep in the car...

They look exactly like the normal ones in the maroon bottles, but only like 3.5-4`` high... anyone ever seen or heard of these?:bounce

togwt
02-20-2004, 02:30 PM
California Car Duster website, includes scale model cars and Meg cleaning kit in a box. I collect 1:24 Franklin Mint models and was brought this kit as a `fun` gift, the product really work. As the MC ad says, the look on my GF face, priceless!

luke667
02-20-2004, 02:54 PM
can`t find them on the website...any chances of a link?

Mike_Phillips
02-20-2004, 03:07 PM
There is a model car company, GMP I think, that sells a detailing kit for scale model cars.

Here`s the link,

http://www.gmpdiecast.com/products/detail/9020/cat/Kits/detail.html

Mike

Mike_Phillips
02-20-2004, 03:18 PM
One of the guys at Meguiar`s works with the people at Modifiers, I was in his office this week and saw these little baby bottles of Quik Detailer about an inch tall.

He told me they actually have product in them but the spray head doesn`t spray, you have to pour the product out.

Here`s there website,

http://www.modifierscars.com/home.htm

I surfed around but coudn`t find a pictures of the baby bottle, but did find this copy for one of the Modifier kits,

What`s better than a Modifier? _A Deluxe Modifier!

1/43 Deluxe are Modifiers™ in a custom, show color. The Deluxe offers the same interchangeability with more parts including, an extra hood. The Deluxe will feature a display case to show off your modified vehicle and store extra parts. _In addition, you will enjoy the new wheel/tire rack to show 3 sets of die-cast wheels and tires. For the perfect finishing touch, the Deluxe will come with a miniature-sized bottle of Meguiar`s® Quick Detailer

Mike

luke667
02-20-2004, 03:41 PM
hmm..any ideas on how i can order some of that stuff mike?

luke667
02-20-2004, 03:44 PM
that stuff = baby bottles from megs..

Mike_Phillips
02-20-2004, 05:11 PM
Actually, no.

There are no baby bottles in the warehouse, at least that I`m aware of.

I`ll check with my friend in the warehouse and see if he has a stash.

Mike

luke667
02-20-2004, 05:21 PM
it would be GREATLY appreciated.

luke667
03-05-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Mike Phillips

Actually, no.

There are no baby bottles in the warehouse, at least that I`m aware of.

I`ll check with my friend in the warehouse and see if he has a stash.

Mike

hey mike, sorry just wanted to see if you got any news on this?

On another topic... if i wanted to get a meguiars poster, or banner, who should i speak to?

Mike_Phillips
03-05-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by luke667

hey mike, sorry just wanted to see if you got any news on this?

On another topic... if I wanted to get a Meguiar’s poster, or banner, who should i speak to?

Sorry, I forgot. I was actually out in the warehouse last Wednesday. I`ll be there next week and check. Sorry.

I found out today that there are some stickers, posters, banners and such in the works. Is part of a signage program for the Detailer line.

If you have a detailing business, PM me your name and I`ll pass it on to the appropriate person.

Meguiar`s has some really nice black banners but my cost is about $50.00 a pop!

Mike

luke667
03-05-2004, 04:16 PM
i don`t have a detailing business... i detail for pleasure :D wanted one to put in my garage after i re do all the walls and stuff hehe.

thanks for the help tho!

Kleanride
03-05-2004, 05:20 PM
Man, we will buy ANYTHING car care related!

Sign me up for some of those please!!!

hehe

:)

Mike_Phillips
03-05-2004, 06:14 PM
As soon as I find out what`s available, I`ll post some pictures. I`m actually in line myself for my garage.

Mike

thinksnow
03-05-2004, 06:29 PM
Does this fall under the same statutes Martha Stewart butted heads with today:D

Originally posted by Mike Phillips

As soon as I find out what`s available, I`ll post some pictures. I`m actually in line myself for my garage.

Mike