PDA

View Full Version : DSG Metallic concerns...

MetalSludge
02-19-2004, 09:41 PM
I have recently gotten a new vehicle and its Dark Shadow Grey Metallic. What I am concerned with is how to make it shine and keep the metaillic look. From what I hear it is a real finical color to get to look good. All my other vehicles have been black and that is probably the easiest to get to pop and shine.

I was wandering what maybe a sealent like zaino? sg?

Or a glaze/carnuba combo?

Any help would be appreciated.

cerdas
02-19-2004, 10:29 PM
I`ve got a DSG Escape, and the best combo I`ve found so far is a once-over with AIO, which seems to darken the color a bit, and then one or more layers of Z-2, to give it that slippery shine.

rstype
02-19-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by ShadowMan

I`ve got a DSG Escape, and the best combo I`ve found so far is a once-over with AIO, which seems to darken the color a bit, and then one or more layers of Z-2, to give it that slippery shine.

What he said... :up

imported_BretFraz
02-20-2004, 09:14 AM
I agree that a sealant would look better on that color than a wax. Products like Zaino are very reflective yet optically clear so your paint will look very glossy but you`ll clearly see the metallics in the paint.

Klasse has a rep for making paint look silvery which may or may not be what you want. I personally would not use Klasse under Zaino but there are folks that do and like the results.

No silver shade will ever look like black because silvers refract light instead of reflect it. That`s why Zaino is so popular with silver; it enhances light reflection and makes silver pop as much as possible.

Frank F.
02-20-2004, 07:35 PM
On a polar silver Porsche, I used AIO/SG topped with PCW. I traded it in two months ago. It is still the best looking car on the dealers lot. They spray all the cars with a power sprayer every day.

cerdas
02-21-2004, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by bretfraz

I agree that a sealant would look better on that color than a wax. Products like Zaino are very reflective yet optically clear so your paint will look very glossy but you`ll clearly see the metallics in the paint.

Klasse has a rep for making paint look silvery which may or may not be what you want. I personally would not use Klasse under Zaino but there are folks that do and like the results.

I should add that I don`t use the AIO as a base for Zaino every time, just every 3-6 months when I think the paint might benefit from a good cleaning. The usual routine is just a few layers of Z-2 w/ZFX. It really makes the metallic flake sparkle!