PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Swirl remover and a paint cleaner?

MetalSludge
02-19-2004, 08:58 PM
Hey all I am looking for a good mild Swirl Remover and Paint Cleaner.

I was wandering if there is any good swirl removers made by 3m because I can buy there products locally.

Also is the best paint cleaner AIO?

shaf
02-20-2004, 02:07 AM
3M makes two versions of their Swirl Mark Remover, one for light coloured cars and one for dark ones. No really huge difference and people have even used them on the "wrong" colours.

Why do you want a "paint cleaner"? A product for this purpose isn`t really necessary unless you just want to lightly prep a surface prior to applying something. Mild paint cleaners/cleansers/pre-wax cleaners are all mainly designed as very mild polishes that only polish a surface ("clean") enough so that it promotes adhesion. They are also sometimes used as very fine final, final polishes as well, but are often not needed if you`re doing something like a simple polish-->glaze-->wax routine.

Mantic6t9
02-20-2004, 02:26 AM
As of now i use s100 SEC. I wax my car 1-2 a month and every 3rd detail if there is no need to use a real polish i`ll use it to clean the surface for a fresh coat of wax. Seems to work good for me.

Accumulator
02-20-2004, 11:38 AM
MetalSludge - *I* didn`t like the 3M SMRs. But I DO like their PI-III Mg (pn 05937) It works well on swirls and isn`t too strong. If IT doesn`t cut it (oops, pun), try the PI-III RC (pn 05933), it`s a lot milder than it sounds.

EBPcivicsi
02-20-2004, 01:16 PM
#80 speedlaze might work well here.

Frank F.
02-20-2004, 07:18 PM
I use the three Menzerna Polishes which are available from www.properautocare.com. Depending on how bad the swirls are, you may only need two of these polish products. Their Intensive Polish and Final Polish seem to take care of most swirls.