PDA

View Full Version : First time PC user success

wifehatescar
02-19-2004, 07:56 PM
1998 Integra GSR Milano Red. I taped to show each side, the line is the dust line left by the tape. Left side is Zaino applied over swirls 3 months ago.

Right side has SSR2 x 4 (LC yellow), SSR1 x 2 (LC white pad), PwC, EX. The dots are my pitted-to-hell paint from the previous owner (picture makes it look worse than it is). Swirls are gone though!

Thanks to "elortt" for the PB`s samples and thanks to Autopia in general for the PC tips (ex. apply pressure for a minute then ease up and crank up the speed)

Today was warm (high 30`s:rolleyes: ) but I`ll wait to do the rest until Spring:cool:

imported_elortt
02-19-2004, 08:07 PM
:xyxthumbs :D :xyxthumbs

gb387
02-19-2004, 08:20 PM
Good to hear.... Easy to use and great results! Wouldn`t give mine up for anything

imported_edschwab1
02-19-2004, 09:04 PM
Looking good. Why did you use SSR2 x4 with LC yellow?

Do you have any other pictures?

wifehatescar
02-19-2004, 09:26 PM
I was afraid to push too hard the first 2 times so they didn`t do a whole lot...also I wanted see how far SSR2 would go at improving the surface. I did not see much difference before and after SSR1 fwiw (at least to my untrained eye in a relatively dark garage)

wifehatescar
02-19-2004, 09:43 PM
Here`s another before pic, left side of the tape, I took a bunch but I really need a tripod to take some good pics. When I hold the camera and don`t use the flash, the exposure is long and a shaky hand causes blurriness.

wifehatescar
02-19-2004, 09:45 PM
After, right side of tape. I just did a small 1`x2` area on the right side of the tape cause I had all these products and a new PC sitting here and, dammit, I just couldn`t hold back any longer :) had to at least try it!

jstn
02-19-2004, 09:47 PM
wow, good job!

andriver
02-19-2004, 09:57 PM
Congratulations! Looks great.

thinksnow
02-19-2004, 10:22 PM
Thanks for exposing me as the dunce that I am--the "I screwed up DACP" thread was mine:(

Excellent job--nice work capturing it under direct lighting!

We want a full shot once it warms up for you.

shaf
02-20-2004, 02:32 AM
Great pics of "before" and "after". Good job! :xyxthumbs

wifehatescar
02-20-2004, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by thinksnow

Thanks for exposing me as the dunce that I am--the "I screwed up DACP" thread was mine:(

Excellent job--nice work capturing it under direct lighting!

We want a full shot once it warms up for you.

thinksnow- you may want to try applying ~10 lbs pressure to the top of the PC for the first minute of buffing (I used a speed of 5). Also for the first minute move the buffer slow, like 0.5-1" per second. Until I did that, I did not make much progress.

I don`t think the difference on *my* car will be so dramatic as some others because last Fall I went over it with 3M SMR *by hand* and Zaino. The 3M turned it from the previous owners pink car to my red car;)

I`ll definately be sure to get some swirl-free shots posted in the brag section!

There are actually still a few slightly deeper scratches...I was chicken to try the SSR3 just yet, I may try to find something between SSR2 and 3. (maybe DACP). I`d say SSR2 took out 98% of the scratches though.

Don
02-20-2004, 07:35 PM
Nice job ... gotta love that PC