PDA

View Full Version : 303 spotted in Canada!

Pages : [1] 2

Inzane
02-19-2004, 01:16 AM
Found it by accident, I was wandering through a local Zellers today and lo and behold, what did I find -- 303 Aerospace Protectant!

Just two little 8oz spray bottles was all I saw sitting on the shelf, inconspicuous among a bunch of other misc. products. Price was $7.95 (CDN) + GST, so naturally I grabbed one.

I had known already that Zellers, Home Outfitters and The Bay all were listed on 303`s website as Canadian distributors, but about a month ago I had called around to a bunch of store locations and none of them had even heard of it. I had basically all but given up on it.

Just thought I`d share my lucky find with fellow Canadians. :xyxthumbs

Inzane
02-19-2004, 01:21 AM
And yeah, I know carcaresmart.com (BC online store) recently got it in too, but Zellers locations are everywhere and you don`t have to pay any shipping to get it. ;)

2wheelsx2
02-19-2004, 01:43 AM
I don`t know about Edmonton, but out here in the Lower Mainland, one can get 303 at a variety of auto parts stores, as well as RV places....so you might wanna check those out if your local Zellers doesn`t have it. However, Zellers probably has a better price.

Garry42
02-19-2004, 06:28 AM
Inzane - Profile Auto and Truck Accessories also carries a good selection of 303 Products. They are located in Sherwood Park, across from RoadKing. I picked some up there a few weeks ago.

If I remember correctly they had the larger bottle sizes as well.

Price is about the same as Zellers.

BillNorth
02-19-2004, 09:32 AM
Does zellers have the 303 fabric and upholstery cleaner as well? Anyone seen it? I haven`t stepped foot in a zellers store in ages.

stevet
02-19-2004, 12:02 PM
BillNorth,

The Zellers In Hamilton all carry 303 Aerospace protectant in the 16 oz and 8 oz sizes but not the Fabric and upholstery cleaner.

Inzane
02-19-2004, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the additional tips guys!

I get so used to NOT being able to find many Autopian-recommended products locally here that the odd time I do stumble upon one I get really excited! :D

While on the topic of 303 products, what other products of theirs are highly regarded? I`ve only been reading up on the Aerospace Protectant up `til now.

BillNorth
02-19-2004, 01:36 PM
Steve,

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

Inzane,

303`s carpet and upholstery cleaner looks quite good. Hopefully it is sold locally somewhere. I`d love to get my hands on it. My carpet in my car needs a good cleaning.

Jesstzn
02-19-2004, 02:18 PM
Inzane.. did the Zellers there also carry the Turtle Wax MFs? bout $3. I find then excellent for interior window cleaning and also for wax/sealant application. And for $3 they are just about a throw away.

P/S .. those guys in the "Lower Mainland" get all the good stuff.

Corey Bit Spank
02-19-2004, 03:51 PM
I`m going to have to make a trip to Erie or Saint Catherines.

Although if you will recall, my last trip driving alone in Canada got me 2 new passenger doors. :o

2wheelsx2
02-19-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by BillNorth

303`s carpet and upholstery cleaner looks quite good. Hopefully it is sold locally somewhere. I`d love to get my hands on it. My carpet in my car needs a good cleaning.

Bill, if you haven`t tried it, Folex is an incredible carpet cleaner and stain remover. I haven`t used anything else since I tried Folex at the suggestion of Ben Carufel here. I don`t know where they sell it out east, but they sell it at Home Hardware and London Drugs out here.

But I also haven`t tried the 303 cleaner either.....

Sorry for the hijack.

BillNorth
02-19-2004, 04:51 PM
Gary, thanks for the tip. I`ll visit my local home hardware. They can usually order stuff they don`t stock. I may give it a shot.

Bill.

shaf
02-20-2004, 01:51 AM
Ahem... *cough*Search (http://www.autopia.org/forums/search.php?s=)*cough* ;)

Inzane if you want to find some of these "good" products up here, you may want to try and search for "product X" and "canada", as many other members and I here are always on the lookout for them. FWIW, 303 at Zellers was first mentioned back in `02, before I was even a member: clicky (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9867&highlight=zellers+303)

Zellers does not stock anything other than the 8oz and 16oz protectants AFAIK.

Folex is also sold at some larger Canadian Tire stores and IGA supermarkets, but I would wait for a sale with that last option.

Inzane
02-28-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by 4DSC

FWIW, 303 at Zellers was first mentioned back in `02,

D`OH!! :doh

Inzane
02-28-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Garry42

Inzane - Profile Auto and Truck Accessories also carries a good selection of 303 Products. They are located in Sherwood Park, across from RoadKing.

What else do these guys have that might be of interest to Autopians?