PDA

View Full Version : Tree sap stains

imported_SouthernZ71
02-18-2004, 05:36 PM
I just bought a Platinum Grand Cherokee that had a fair amount of tree sap on. Actually, I got the price reduced when I pointed out some of the paint problems. Guy told me that he washed it monthly and applied turtle wax every so often, I told him it would need a heatly detail to look right, again. We came to a lower price.....

Anyhow, I started off a with a good bath and claying. After washing/claying I noticed stains where the sap used to be. Not to worry, I grabbed the PC/yellow pad and DACP. After going over a section til powder the stains are still there. So any ideas?

The paint is super slick now even with the stains. I would hate to break out the rotary, but I might have to!?

Thanks for any help....

shaf
02-19-2004, 01:24 AM
Hmm, an unfortunate problem.... maybe try another application of DACP. Sometimes more than one run at it is necessary before trying the next step - wool pads or careful attempts with the next strongest product, probably a medium cut product. Just be cautious and go slowly if it comes to that though.

imported_SouthernZ71
02-19-2004, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the help. I really didn`t want to spin my wheels, but I guess I`ll try DACP 1 more time.

imported_edschwab1
02-19-2004, 06:48 PM
Try a chemical paint cleaner such OG special touch or Meg`s MPPC.