PDA

View Full Version : Tire Shine Liquid vs Gel

Murph1083
02-18-2004, 05:33 PM
Can someone help me with the whole liquid vs gel thin? . Adv vs Disadv?

HellrotCi
02-18-2004, 05:51 PM
I used to think Meguiar`s Endurance was great which is a gel. The shine did last for weeks and didn`t wash off in the rain. But then I started noticing the ends of my shoes would get that stuff on them when I`d bump into the tires while washing the hood. I`ve changed to using 303 or ClearKote`s Rubber, Vinyl & Leather Treatment. I use ClearKote the most and the low sheen lasts long enough for me, at least until the next weekly wash.

When I used Endurance I just applied it to the tires and was done. If I had waited a little bit and gone back and wiped the tires down I think it would have worked better, no smudges on the shoes, but I moved on to something else. Besides, having to go back and wipe of any excess would mean another greasy towel to mess with. Why bother?

imported_mirrorfinishman
02-20-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by HellrotCi

When I used Endurance I just applied it to the tires and was done. If I had waited a little bit and gone back and wiped the tires down I think it would have worked better, no smudges on the shoes, but I moved on to something else. Besides, having to go back and wipe of any excess would mean another greasy towel to mess with. Why bother?

The key to this situation is in the process, not the product.

With either a liquid or a gel you will find that the product, in most cases, will work better when you wipe away any excess.

Of course it is a bother and you will mess up another clean towel, however, it is that extra step in the process that will get you the measurable results you are looking for.

Mantic6t9
02-20-2004, 04:50 PM
I apply Meguiars Endurance let sit for a few minutes and whipe off with a cotton towel. I keep a towel in my trunk for this purpose.

gb387
02-20-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Mantic6t9

I apply Meguiars Endurance let sit for a few minutes and whipe off with a cotton towel. I keep a towel in my trunk for this purpose.

I do the same and the product lasts two to three weeks. Its much better than any tire foam that I have tried or any other Rubber/Vinyl stuff that I have used. Yes the Endurance is a little harder to apply but the results are worth it!