PDA

View Full Version : Which products should I use

jared a
02-18-2004, 10:36 AM
I`m new to the higher end exterior care and would like a little help. Products that I have already purchased are:

MEGs #7, 9, 20, 26, NXT wax, final inspection, clay magic kit, mothers back to black and the porter Cable 7424 with varous pads.

I have a 2000 silver mustang and a 1998 dark blue expedition.

My question is which products of the ones I purchased should I use and in what order. I have an idea of the order(I`ve been reading the forums for about 3 hours) and I think some of the products I bought do the same thing. Any other recommendations are welcome.

thanks

shaf
02-19-2004, 12:29 AM
Welcome to Autopia Jared! :welcome

How to proceed with what you have depends on what condition the paint on those vehicles is in. In any case, I recommend having a second polish on hand just in case your only current polish, #9, isn`t strong enough, which is possible since swirl removers are generally quite mild. For local products, a Fine Cut product from Megs or 3M would do, and DACP is also very popular.

Your supplies are a bit heavy in the protection department, #20, #26, and NXT. I think you should use #20 or NXT, but not both, as I`m not sure you could use both of them together.

Don`t forget to check out the articles in the Learn! link as well, if you haven`t already.

txz28
02-19-2004, 02:19 PM
Start by reading the autopia ebook.

http://www.autopia.org/download.php?op=viewdownload&cid=1

It helps.