PDA

View Full Version : swirl mark removers

6']['9
02-17-2004, 10:37 AM
can any one name some true swirl mark removers. i know some have the ability to hide them instead of removing them.

Patrick
02-17-2004, 11:12 AM
Thats like asking whats a good wax !

Maybe some regular Meg`s user will step in....

Off the top of my head:

3M Swirl Mark remover, dark/light colors

Megs DACP

Those are about the only two I have ever used...Keep in mind, any polish is a swirl mark remover, just determine the aggresiveness of such a polish, that will determine its use for your particular needs.....

There are several threads, albeit old, but still useful, that rate the agressiveness of quite a few polishes....Try the search function for agressive scale or something.....

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18913&highlight=polish+aggressiveness

6']['9
02-17-2004, 11:22 AM
im looking for something that will indicate if a smr will remove or hide swirls i.e

ssr1, swirl mark remover nothing hides the swirls this product removes them

compared to

#9 smr this has i guess oils that hide swirls get what im sayin

i used the dacp and i think that has fillers in it cause it seemed kinda oily when i used it

Patrick
02-17-2004, 11:30 AM
Hmmm, my experience with DACP was good, however i didnt notice any remaining oils....Same goes with SSRI/II....I prefer SSRII over DACP......As for #9, its my understanding, it has some filler as well......

Accumulator
02-17-2004, 11:34 AM
6`][`9- Maybe it`s just me, but *I* found parts of your post a little tough to understand. Sorry, I don`t mean to be a diction-nazi, but you sorta make us work at deciphering what you`re asking ;)

ANYHOW...3M`s PI-III MG (pn 05937) does NOT contain fillers, it removes swirls through abrasive action only. Ditto for the Menzerna polishes, as I recall.

Most Meg`s products, on the other hand, contain "trade secret oils" that can do a little filling. And 1Z`s consumer-line stuff has oils AND waxes in it.

6']['9
02-17-2004, 11:56 AM
yeah i know i think i have ADD cause i read it and it didnt make sense.. any how this is what im looking for

SMR

Fillers.....No fillers

brand.....brand

i.e

#9 fillers....ssr1,2,3 no fillers

something like that. i want to start using most smr`s w/o smrs

sorry for the confusion

Accumulator
02-17-2004, 12:07 PM
Heh heh, OK, cool, hope I didn`t sound too `````y. Then what I said:

Fillers/oils: Meg`s, 1Z consumer line

NO fillers/oils: SOME 3M stuff (05933, 05937), Menzerna, 1Z commercial line.

FWIW, I thought I would NOT like the 1Z consumer stuff because of the fillers/wax in it, but I ended up loving the stuff anyhow. It`s now my favorite line of polishes.

Mantic6t9
02-17-2004, 05:07 PM
A have to agree with Accumulator the 1Z polishes are nice. They do contain oils but definatly remove swirls and light scratches not hide them. This isn`t a problem for me because i use carnuba as my last step. Last time I polished my car with 1Z PP i followed it with menzerna FP and I think it gave the paint a little extra pop. You may want to try it Accumulator if you havn`t already.

Accumulator
02-17-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Mantic6t9

..I polished my car with 1Z PP i followed it with menzerna FP and I think it gave the paint a little extra pop. You may want to try it Accumulator if you havn`t already.

Yeah, I think my trying FP is sorta inevitable :D For the moment, though, I`m really happy following the PP with the MP. On silver, I`m OK with how that looks for the last polishing step. If I were doing red/black/blue I`d probably feel differently.

Jcrawford
02-17-2004, 06:57 PM
bump that...

1z pp+Glanz Wax+S100=Swirl Free POP!

Love the 1z stuff.