PDA

View Full Version : Another QEW query

imported_vindaloo
02-17-2004, 03:16 AM
I have been using QEW for a few weeks & I`m completely converted to it, I think it`s amazing.

I have followed all the advice on here & I wash then dry a panel at a time, the only annoying part is I have to take my wash mitt off after each panel & find a safe grit free place to rest it.

My question is - why is it necessary to dry immediately after washing each panel? Is it detrimental to wash a few panels at a time & then dry?

I am using the 2 bucket method, so I`m thoroughly rinsing the mitt after every half a panel or so.

k2dan
02-17-2004, 03:27 AM
Hi Vindaloo,

Knowing you seem to have access to AG Microfibre...........Im using a AG Purple MF Mitt on the left hand and washing with the left. In the right i then wipe with a AG Large Ultra MF Chamois ( bet you havent got those !)

It takes 15min for a SUV

Yes you are right QEW is Brilliant !

Dan

Then i dont ever rest the Mitt

raymond_ho2002
02-17-2004, 04:24 AM
I use qew in the garage, so I am not worried about evaporation in the sun. I use qew on the entire car before starting to dry. The few streaks the result in me doing this is taken care of by QD`ing the entire car afterwards, which is something I do after every wash, whether i use qew or hose and bucket.

I wash and dry the wheels after I finish drying the body.

stevet
02-17-2004, 09:58 AM
I wash a couple sections at a time than dry, works fine.

Finding a place to rest the mitt shouldn`t be a problem, just rinse it in the rinse bucket and then leave it in the bucket that contains the clean water and QEW.

SK2003TypeS
02-17-2004, 11:19 AM
I`ve had a few streaks a few times if I did the entire car first before drying. QD takes care of them when I`m done. I usually break the car into 3 parts (front/middle/rear).

HellrotCi
02-17-2004, 12:28 PM
Draping the mitten over the edge of the bucket when you take it off would be my choice of what to do with it. It is a nuisance though, putting the mitten on and off after each panel, isn`t it. That`s one of the reasons I use chenille covered sponges instead. Plus you can wring out the sponge of excess washing solution easier.

imported_vindaloo
02-17-2004, 01:39 PM
Looks like maybe splitting the car into 5 sections (6 incl the wheels) would work quite well.

2 x complete sides

Boot (trunk in US), rear window & rear valance

Bonnet (hood in US)& front valance

Roof & front windscreen

followed by the wheels.

Recently bought the OXO wheelbrush & I think this is really good, much better than anything I`ve seen in the UK (mind you that`s not unusual):)

Maybe I`ll try the Chenille wash pads as well.

k2dan
02-17-2004, 02:52 PM
Ive washed in some very high temperatures (35deg C)and direct sun. Then ive just reduced it to the one panel at a time scenario.

I go over the windows with a MF glass cloth though. I always find a little bit of streaking on the windows and sunroofs.

imported_vindaloo
02-17-2004, 04:44 PM
Well, we won`t have the problem with 35deg will we:cool: :cool:

shaf
02-18-2004, 01:27 AM
You just adjust when you pause to dry so that the QEW doesn`t dry out before you can wipe it off. In the blazing summer this might be a half panel or something, but in the winter you should be able to wash a much larger area without this worry.

imported_Larry A
02-18-2004, 01:55 PM
The more I use Q.E.W. the more I like it.I have a small car so I wash the whole car with a lambs wool mit then I go over it with a m.f. towel wet but wrung out , then I use a Water Sprite shammy to wipe up remaining water. Car comes out so good that I seldom need to q.d.