PDA

View Full Version : different purposes for each side of microfiber towels?

bruceleeroy
02-16-2004, 07:41 PM
Newbie Question:

I just received my first set of Microfiber towels from JT international and noticed that each side of the towels has a different texture/feel. One side seems to have shorter, firm nap while the other is a bit longer & plusher. What purpose does each side serve? I did some research on the forums but could not find any info.

Below image shows both sides:

http://www.bettercarcare.com/imageview.php?imageId=31

Mantic6t9
02-16-2004, 07:48 PM
I only use the plush side on my paint. I don`t think you`re really suposed to use the other side. Sometimes i`ll used the non plush side to clean my windows though, seems to work better.

bruceleeroy
02-16-2004, 07:51 PM
the plush side is shown in the very bottom of the above picture (under the fold), right? I figured I should use that side only...

PakShak
02-16-2004, 08:30 PM
The non-plush side works well for windows. The plusher side is great for buffing off wax/polish/sealants, use with a QD spray, wiping down the interior.

With Aloha,

Ranney :)

bruceleeroy
02-16-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by bruceleeroy

the plush side is shown in the very bottom of the above picture (under the fold), right? I figured I should use that side only...

Hi Ranney,

Am I right re: above statement?

Thanks!

PakShak
02-16-2004, 11:53 PM
Hi bruceleeroy,

Yes, you are correct.

With Aloha,

Ranney :)

imported_mirrorfinishman
02-17-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by bruceleeroy

One side seems to have shorter, firm nap while the other is a bit longer & plusher.

With regard to the nap, are most all types and brands of MicroFiber towels similar?

shaf
02-18-2004, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by mirrorfinishman

With regard to the nap, are most all types and brands of MicroFiber towels similar? Many MF towels have this characteristic, that one side of the towel has a shorter nap or pile, while the other side`s is thicker.

I can`t recall off the top of my head which ones are "worse" for this than others, but some towels have both sides with almost the same degree of plushness. I keep forgetting about this attribute, but this is one reason why I like my Turtle Wax MFs. Both sides aren`t identical, but I have a tough time telling them apart sometimes. I think I`ve seen a towel once where one side was maybe only 1/3 as plush as the other side.