View Full Version : Final Detail v. Final Inspection

thinksnow
02-13-2004, 07:49 AM
Newbie-Style Question:

FI has no carnuba.

FD has carnuba.

People like FI.

People love FD.

Is the no-carnuba benefit of FI *only* seen if using a qd between layers of sealant? I`ve been using only FI because of warnings of using qd`s with carnuba with sealants. Basically, if using qd as an in-between washings treatment and not as a polish/sealant dust remover, can FD be used on everything?

**Search button fans: If you can find the answer to this, I will send you a mystery prize pack. Don`t link me to a thread informing me that FD has carnuba and FI has no carnuba.**

Pats300zx
02-13-2004, 08:05 AM
Basically, if using qd as an in-between washings treatment and not as a polish/sealant dust remover, can FD be used on everything?

I was wondering on a similar issue. Is it ok to use a silicone/carnuaba based QD for maint on your cars finish when using a sealant like Klasse/BF etc.

Would a good wash prior to applying a new layer of sealant be taken care of by the wash soap (removal of silicones)????

NozeBleedSpeed
02-13-2004, 12:08 PM
FI is silicone free, primarily so paint shops dont introduce the dreaded silicones into the paint shop environment. Megs Pro line is bodyshop safe.This isnt really a concern for detailers that are not working in a body shop, which is why FD is found in the Detailers line.

thinksnow
02-13-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by NozeBleedSpeed

FI is silicone free, primarily so paint shops dont introduce the dreaded silicones into the paint shop environment. Megs Pro line is bodyshop safe.This isnt really a concern for detailers that are not working in a body shop, which is why FD is found in the Detailers line.

Essentially, then, FD will not have any ill effects if not used immediately between coats of SG, EX, etc...?