PDA

View Full Version : Towels 101?

imported_SVT4ME
02-13-2004, 01:10 AM
Ok, newbie here. Whats the scoop on Towels? Im used to going into the linen closet and asking my wife if I can use this towel because it has a hole in it anyway! Whats this microfibre stuff also? Whats it used for? If someone can explain the different types of towels and what they are used for that would be great!

tpgsr
02-13-2004, 01:15 AM
http://www.bettercarcare.com/articles.php?articleId=44

A new article by our Mayor DavidB Enjoy :)

imported_SVT4ME
02-13-2004, 01:18 AM
Ahh, so no more Terry towel? Boy can one spend some serious $$$$$ detailing cars!!

tpgsr
02-13-2004, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by SVT4ME

Boy can one spend some serious $$$$$ detailing cars!!

:lol :rofl :lol :rofl :lol :rofl Oh boy Welcome to Autopia, and welcome to our world. It is probably best to give someone close to you all your money, and tell them that no matter haw badly you beg for it to buy detailing stuff not to give it to you. Detailing costs BIG BIG bucks. I personally spent several several thousands last year Good luck and Welcome

imported_SVT4ME
02-13-2004, 01:32 AM
Let me tell you how I have been washing my cars.

1.Find a bucket in the basement

2. Hose out the grit

3. 1/4 cup of Dishwashing detergent

4. Cut up beach towel

5. 70 MPH run down the road for drying

Funny part is that my paint shines like mad!

http://www.cnepace.com/images/WebView/hood%20002s.JPG

Im dead serious! I have recently wanted to better my abbilities, knowledge and have some fun at the same time! Problem I am having is there is too much info to read, too many products and opinions and its a bit pricey! Im going to take it one step at a time.

medic159
02-13-2004, 12:27 PM

Ahh, so no more Terry towel? Boy can one spend some serious $$$$$ detailing cars!!

Don`t confuse the terms Terry and microfiber. Terry is a weave while microfiber only refers to the size (diameter) of the yarn used in weaving the towel. Thus you can have a microfiber terry cloth. Microfiber can be natural like cotton or artificial like polyester. Do a search here and you will see lots of info.

tom p.
02-13-2004, 12:35 PM
:D

Keep your wallet locked away...this place is dangerous! and it sounds like you are ready for a little "101" in ALL the categories.

Good luck!

Newport Viper
02-13-2004, 09:21 PM
I spent @ least $400 in the last two months, since I got serious about a better finish!

imported_Malachi
02-13-2004, 09:39 PM

Let me tell you how I have been washing my cars.

1.Find a bucket in the basement

2. Hose out the grit

3. 1/4 cup of Dishwashing detergent

4. Cut up beach towel

5. 70 MPH run down the road for drying

Funny part is that my paint shines like mad!

Im dead serious! I have recently wanted to better my abbilities, knowledge and have some fun at the same time! Problem I am having is there is too much info to read, too many products and opinions and its a bit pricey! Im going to take it one step at a time.

I suggest you do a couple of things if you want to wash your car soon and don`t have time to read some of these posts:

1) Quit washing your car with dishwashing detergent! Go to PepBoys/Walmart/Target and get you a dedicated car wash solution. You may be taking any protectant that you may have off the car.

2) As far as an easy and good cleaner/wax that are carried by those stores mentioned above you can go with either Mother`s or Mequiars.

Don
02-16-2004, 05:30 PM
Sorry to hijack the thread, but SVT4ME that is a SWEET Shelby...I LOVED the Chargers and Daytonas that Carroll "played" with

imported_SVT4ME
02-16-2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Don M

Sorry to hijack the thread, but SVT4ME that is a SWEET Shelby...I LOVED the Chargers and Daytonas that Carroll "played" with

Thanks! I sold it last year, It was getting a little too serious, I had over 350FWHP and the Shelby ran 11.40@126MPH! Here are a few more pics!

http://www.cnepace.com/1986_shelby_charger.htm

JimS
02-18-2004, 07:56 AM
I buy my towels from www.pakshak.com Ranney will treat you right and his towels are excellent. Email him to see if he`ll give a new customer that posts here a better price and be sure to mention you post here.