PDA

View Full Version : Thank you QEW!!!

Pages : [1] 2

imported_Luster
02-12-2004, 11:16 PM
This is what it looks like here in KC....

But both Poncho`s are clean and dry, thanks to QEW!!!

Good stuff.........once a week baths.....my son`s Honda is next!

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/6491snow2.jpg

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/6491ingarage.jpg

Scottwax
02-12-2004, 11:28 PM
:cool: ...actually, we need a :cold: smilie!

It was in the 30s most of the day here with 20 mph winds...and I had to work outside.

tpgsr
02-12-2004, 11:35 PM
Bill: the cars look great, I like the black one especially

Scott: now you know how some of the rest of us feel :) (i know that is one of the reasons you live in texas) I cant wait to move out of the north it is to friggin cold up here I second the :cold: smiley

imported_ajbarnes
02-12-2004, 11:36 PM
Looks awesome!!!....especially the black car!!:up

shaf
02-13-2004, 01:57 AM
Mmmm..... they look great Bill! :)

reevis
02-13-2004, 06:32 AM
I QEW`d for the first time last night....what an experience!

One big advantage I found with this stuff (if you have a garage) is the ability to wash at anytime you choose: day or night.

Your cars are looking sweet by the way...:cool:

Pats300zx
02-13-2004, 08:00 AM
Forecast for NE (Pa) for Sat..50 and sunny..Time to break out the QEW !!!

eclemens
02-13-2004, 09:13 AM
I have two bottles of QEW sitting here, and a car at least as salty as the front of the one pictured, if not more. Did you really use it on a car with that much salt? It`s becoming a cliche, but I can`t fathom using QEW at least until a heavy rinsing to remove the bulk of the salt residue.

VV

imported_Luster
02-13-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by VetteVert

Did you really use it on a car with that much salt? It`s becoming a cliche, but I can`t fathom using QEW at least until a heavy rinsing to remove the bulk of the salt residue.

VV

That`s exactly what I did.

I first used plain warm water and my softest MF towel (saturated, not wrung out) and gently wiped down the entire car without drying it.

Then I went through the QEW process. I generally use Z6 as a follow-up to QEW. I did both cars including wheels and door jambs, in 1 hour, 10 minutes.

Haven`t seen any scratches at all. Even under the brightness of flourescent lights.

(Helps that I have a garage floor drain.)

JustinR32
02-13-2004, 09:33 AM
VV, I used it on my car with heavy salt; believe it or not, it`s fine. By that I mean, the same as a "regular wash" of a salty car. What I do is use the applicator sopping wet rather than

"washcloth" wet. I think winter is going to raise swirls and darts no matter what, though. It`s a great car wash, but it won`t keep winter from eventually being winter.

Tom

Scottwax
02-13-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Pats300zx

:( 1-3" of snow here in the Dallas area for Friday night and Saturday. Normal high is 59. :( :( :(

reevis
02-13-2004, 10:28 AM
From the way QEW `magically` picks up the dirt you could always fill a spray bottle with some and hit the concentrated areas first to give it some time to work and lift some of the heavy stuff off.

I`ve only used it once and my car wasn`t that dirty (I had washed last weekend but after nearly breaking my hip on the driveway and having soapy water freeze to the car I was anxious to give QEW a whirl).

When I first started, I had the washmit completely saturated and dripping everywhere....about 2 minutes into the process I started realizing that it was really unecessary so I backed off to a really damp washmitt.

I basically did everything described in the tutorial: http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32078 and after every fresh dip in the wash bucket I would squeeze about 60% of the water out of the mitt which I could comfortably do 1-2 panels with. I flipped the mitt frequently and rinsed as soon as I felt it was too dirty. I`m sure I was still overly cautious and probably used a little more than I needed too.

:o

imported_Luster
02-13-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by reevis

you could always fill a spray bottle with some and hit the concentrated areas first to give it some time to work and lift some of the heavy stuff off.

Tha`t a great idea....give it a "pre-soak" to loosen the dirt from the surface of the paint.

Remember, the dirtier your car is, the more water you need in your MF or mit, especially on the lower side panels, where most of the krud is.....

Jesstzn
02-13-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Pats300zx

it was 35 and sunny here yesterday .. And I broke out the water hose and washed properly ...... your going to QEW at 50????

Scottwax
02-13-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Jesstzn

it was 35 and sunny here yesterday .. And I broke out the water hose and washed properly ...... your going to QEW at 50????

QEW is washing properly. ;)