PDA

View Full Version : Collinites #845

Pages : [1] 2

Murph1083
02-12-2004, 05:59 PM
I was at Adv. Autoparts today trying to find some NXT. When i got there, i saw this on the shelf. (Collinites #845). What is it? Is it any good?

Chris Y.
02-12-2004, 06:04 PM
It`s pretty good stuff...Great protection, but not quite the shine like other products (Souv., NXT, S100)...

I use it on my wheels now...Much easier to get the brake dust off!

-Chris

Murph1083
02-12-2004, 06:12 PM
so this would make a good bottom layer in a wax system to add protection?

Chris Y.
02-12-2004, 06:46 PM
For one of my cars that is parked outside during the day, I`ve use the Collinite # 915 Marque d`Elegance Wax over the Klasse twins and S100/P21s as final topper. I`m not sure if my paint is holding all that stuff :) But so far, it`s been good protection!

Spilchy
02-12-2004, 06:56 PM
OH MY GAWD!!!!

I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!

I use it on every car I do. I use it on wheels too.

If you want protection, there ain`t much better.

I top it on AIO and then drop a layer of Blitz on top of that.

Supreme protection. Easy on, easy off. Does not stain trim.

One of my favorite products.

tom p.
02-12-2004, 07:14 PM
just search on Insulator Wax. Much has been written about it. It is considered to be very durable.

Turbonator
02-12-2004, 11:16 PM
i agree with spilchy on this one. i`ve been trying out the insulator and the sapphire from collinite and both are proving to be very durable down my way. i like the sapphire cause it`s got a cleaner in it, but the insulator is my fav of the two. it will be part of my permanent arsenal now. both have outlasted poorboy`s PwC and EX, as well as clearkote`s VM and MW. other than those i use nothing but 1z and these 2 from collinite are the only other products i`ve found to last as long as any of the 1z stuff.

tpgsr
02-12-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Splichy

OH MY GAWD!!!!

I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!

I use it on every car I do. I use it on wheels too.

If you want protection, there ain`t much better.

I top it on AIO and then drop a layer of Blitz on top of that.

Supreme protection. Easy on, easy off. Does not stain trim.

One of my favorite products.

Originally posted by sonnydaze1

i agree with spilchy on this one. i`ve been trying out the insulator and the sapphire from collinite and both are proving to be very durable down my way. i like the sapphire cause it`s got a cleaner in it, but the insulator is my fav of the two. it will be part of my permanent arsenal now. both have outlasted poorboy`s PwC and EX, as well as clearkote`s VM and MW. other than those i use nothing but 1z and these 2 from collinite are the only other products i`ve found to last as long as any of the 1z stuff.

Enough said

dr427
02-16-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by sonnydaze1

Careful with Saphire, it`s not clear coat safe and the same thing as their 920 Fiberglass Boat cleaner. Quite abrasive in terms of a cleaner.

And for Murph1083, better go back and get yourself a bottle of Collinite #845. A definite winner to keep on your shelf.

:xyxthumbs

Murph1083
02-17-2004, 07:21 PM
Does it contain any cleaners? and it would be considered a sealent...right?

imported_Aurora40
02-17-2004, 07:58 PM
Collinite is a natural wax, not a sealant. I don`t believe Insulator Wax has any cleaners. dr427 was talking about Saphire.

Heh, I thought it was pretty funny that you took a picture of the bottle while you were still in the store... :lol

Murph1083
02-17-2004, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Aurora40

Collinite is a natural wax, not a sealant. I don`t believe Insulator Wax has any cleaners. dr427 was talking about Saphire.

Heh, I thought it was pretty funny that you took a picture of the bottle while you were still in the store... :lol

YA, Camera Phone.....they come in handy:D

But, i`ve never heard of a natural was besides a Carnauba.

Spilchy
02-17-2004, 09:47 PM
There are some solvents in Collinite Insulator that have slight cleaning properties. That`s what I was told.

I spoke with a fella at Collinite because I had a question about putting a glaze under the Insulator and whether or not it wouls strip it.

He said that they recommend using 3M Hand Glaze under the Insulator.

Just thought I`d share that.

I use Meguiars #80, VM, topped with Insulator with KILLER results. That`s my winterizing routine for cars I detail for people.

dr427
02-17-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Murph1083

Does it contain any cleaners? and it would be considered a sealent...right?

No cleaners to speak of. Heck it won`t even take out fresh water spots generally, so I (as well as most users) consider it a top coat only wax.

And yes, the Saphire is what I was refering to about abrasive cleaners.

:)

Murph1083
02-23-2004, 04:10 PM
so it would make a good sealent under P21S?