PDA

View Full Version : if you were detailing a big rig?

6']['9
02-12-2004, 11:44 AM
what would you use as far as polish wax gaze? cause a job is coming up and i dont know what i should use which will last a long time, since those truck drive in all conditions.

any recommendations?

kpounds
02-12-2004, 12:15 PM
If you dont mind I`m curious how much you`re going to charge. Exterior, Interior or both? How do you plan to polish the large wind fairing on top of the cab? Those things are WAY up there!

6']['9
02-12-2004, 02:20 PM
well i had worked for this guy before who owned a trucking company and he paid me 600 for 2. he didnt want anything fancy just washed and waxed. this was a while back when i thought SAL ZAINO was god. now in the autopia scene ive learned a lot more than i thought i would.. they came out ok i use a air compressor to clean out the inside washed it with wash mitts then used polish for the paint, armorall on the tires.i got to the top using a 10ft ladder at the end of the ladder i used 2 new wash mitts tied them to that so when i leaned the ladder against the paint it wouldnt scratch or dent it. its real easy just a pain in the ***....but he just wanted them to look good thats it. it wasnt a professional job but it came out better than i thought it would

Scott P
02-12-2004, 02:44 PM
Actually, I think Klasse or Zaino would give the longest lasting results. It may drive your cost up a bit, but they are pretty darn durable.

*edited for spelling

NEW AGAIN
02-12-2004, 02:55 PM
COLORx followed with Meg #20

COLORx followed with PB EX

imported_BretFraz
02-12-2004, 03:38 PM
The same products you use on cars will work fine on trucks. There`s a lot more metal to polish so you`ll need lots of that. Otherwise it`s pretty much the same.

There are a few good one step cleaner waxes out there. Klasse AIO is a favorite but expensive. Meguiar`s #6 works well and is reasonably priced, especially in larger qty`s. Mothers Carnauba Cleaner Wax is a good choice too. Lots of choices....