PDA

View Full Version : MF Towel Storage/Care?

bruceleeroy
02-11-2004, 03:39 PM
Hi Guys,

I`m new to Autopia and I definetly agree with everyone else--this is the most informative place on the net when it comes to car care.

Anyhow, I just purchased my first set of MF towels and plan on washing them with liquid detergent before their first use. In what type of container should I store my towels and wash mitts between uses to prevent them from collecting dust or dirt? Can some of you experts offer your methods?

Thanks!

Ice9
02-11-2004, 03:55 PM
Welcome aboard man...these guys have taught most everything I know about detailing. You picked the right place.

I am not sure what the best way to store them is. I wouldn`t recommend storing them in an enclosed space while wet due to the chance of mildew.

As far as washing, I would suggest doing some searching around here as many people have ideas on what is best.

Good luck!

Max

tpgsr
02-11-2004, 03:56 PM
I personally place them into large ziplock bags, then into a fish box (a white box that you may be able to pick up for free from the local fish fry joint) it has a nice lid, and is the perfect size to hold towels

tkr128
02-11-2004, 04:03 PM
I fold mine and them put them into ziplock bags as well, the same with my wash mitts. I then place the bags into a covered storage bin.

2wheelsx2
02-11-2004, 04:06 PM
I wouldn`t worry too much about the mitts. You can just rinse them out a bit.

As for the towels, I put them in Rubbermaid boxes with the towels folded in quarters and then folded again. I place them edge down so that I can get any towel in the box without having to remove other towels.

bruceleeroy
02-11-2004, 04:07 PM
How about folding them and keeping them in a single Rubbermaid container after hang drying?

HellrotCi
02-11-2004, 04:39 PM
I`ve always washed MFs in liquid Tide, any liquid detergent will do, and threw them in the dryer on regular heat, nothing special here and dried them. I store the the ones I use for business in a tupperware-like plastic container. The ones I use at home I just fold them up and place them on a shelf in a enclosed cabnet in the garage. I always give my MFs a double inspection before I use them though, once when I fold them after drying and again before I use then on a vehicle.

Mantic6t9
02-11-2004, 05:11 PM
I`m still hand washing mine as i only have 5 at this point. I just placed an order with pakshak for more 5 more and may consider washing them in the washer. I let them hang dry, fold them, and put them in a plastic container.

Dinzdale40
02-11-2004, 05:16 PM
i use ziplock bags so i can throw a bag in the trunk of my car or something and the rest are stored in ziplock bags inside rubbermade type contaieners with the rest of my detailing supplies...

RTE60
02-11-2004, 06:08 PM
I store mine in a ziplock bag & then placed in one of those multistacking plastic boxs. which i use to store my othe rdetailing stuff.

SK2003TypeS
02-11-2004, 06:18 PM
I use these guyz. 97 cents each :D

99323ic
02-11-2004, 07:11 PM
I`m similar to SK2003TypeS, but I use the Glad Ovenware (the reusable tupperware-type things) that are pretty cheap). The work well and are easily stackable.

Right after Christmas, Home Depot had a terrific sale on large containers. I picked up a Rubbermaid one for less that $4.00 ! Everything I`ve got (except for the PC and some kits I keep boxed together) fit nicely.

As far as washing goes, I use Tide Free (no colors/fragrances) and a little OxyClean in Hot water with a cold double rinse. I then pop them in the dryer on the knits setting (lower heat). I prefer the dryer over air dry as the towels are fluffier.

imported_ajbarnes
02-11-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Dinzdale40

i use ziplock bags so i can throw a bag in the trunk of my car or something and the rest are stored in ziplock bags inside rubbermade type contaieners with the rest of my detailing supplies...

Same here.