PDA

View Full Version : Sealant on mufflers

Bill D
02-11-2004, 10:16 AM
I`d like to preserve the shine on my mufflers/exhaust so I thought about applying a sealant to them. Should I bother or would the heat just burn it off? If it will last a reasonable amount of time, how about SG?

togwt
02-11-2004, 10:25 AM
Quote: Sealant on mufflers

~One mans opinion / observation~

A polymer sealant like Klasse SG would probably be the best route, I read claims that it is ‘good’ to 390F (RonKs website)) not something that I’ve been able to verify though, as for durability I don’t know as this is not a ‘normal’ application for this product..

Rant: Why is it so hard to get tech info on Klasse products [OK I’m feeling better now]

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect * so i question everything*

Bill D
02-11-2004, 10:28 AM
Thanks TOGWT, we`re in the same boat, I couldn`t even find the info you just gave. Maybe the Klasse distributor would be interested in having a forum here on Autopia like other manufacturers?

imported_memnuts
02-11-2004, 10:39 AM
I protection my exhaust tips with a sealant (Zaino). I re-apply after every wash or light cleaning and wipe off residue (exhaust by-products) after each use ( not daily driven). Unless you are driving a mid- or rear- engine vehicle ( lucky you if you are :D) the heat factor should be minimal as TOGWT noted.

Works well for me. :wavey