PDA

View Full Version : I`ve got the steps, now the towels

juice699
02-10-2004, 11:57 PM
So I`ve done a bit of searching and have decided on

NXT wash

Clay

Meguiars Paint Clearer

Meguiars Scratch X (until the swirls are gone)

Meguiars Crystal Polish #7

Meguiars NXT Wax

Now, I want to make sure I have the tools. I went with the right clothes:

Genunine Wool Wash Mit

Soft Touch Auto Dryer

Ultimate Drying Towel

Handi Grip Applicators - 3

Ultimate detialing towels 2

Concurs Buffing Towel

All from autopia shop.

Let me know what you think.:usa

imported_BretFraz
02-11-2004, 09:08 AM
Sounds like a good start. I assume you already have stuff to clean wheels, dress tires, clean glass, chrome, trim, etc.

Now all you need to do is get to work!! :)

togwt
02-11-2004, 09:35 AM
:welcome to Autopia

As you will see it’s a ‘very user friendly’ place, the people on this forum are very knowledgeable, and are more than willing to share their knowledge. The one thing that seems to stand out here compared to other special interest forums is a spirit of "open mindednessâ€, it’s not marque specific and no opinion expressed is ‘wrong’ just different. Let us know how your project goes.

I’ve put this together to help you ‘find your way around’, it’s a lot of reading but worthwhile.

After reading the House Rules (upper left of the home page) that will tell you a bit about our operating procedures (and then Acronyms) Suggest you start at David’s guide (Learn icon – Car Care Topics) and/or (Forum – University) you could also research FAQ (go to Interact-Features-FAQ) or Interact (Search) and then ask your questions on (Forums - University) there are also tips on products under Shop (How-To) plus be sure to check on the discounts available to forum members. And there’s the (Reviews) section that includes the Hall of Fame, where contributing members have posted their evaluation of products.

The Autopia “Guide to detailing eBook†(eBook Subscription) covers most facets of vehicle detailing, it only costs $9.95, and that money helps to support this forum. If Autopia solves just one of your detailing problems it’s worth the price of admission

"Learn the prep b4 using good products, it will save you $$$ in the long run." hondaguy2582

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wastedâ€/

justadumbarchitect *so I question everything*

:welcome

juice699
02-11-2004, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the replies. But no, I don`t have any of the other products except meguiars all wheel cleaner b/c I new to the detailing game and really want to learn how to make my paint look great. Afterwards, I focus more on the wheels, glass and interior.

I`ll definately check out the Autopia “Guide to detailing eBook.†This sites been worth much more than $10 to me.