PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help With Polish

Murph1083
02-10-2004, 07:44 PM
Im trying to, sort out some polishes.....I only need one however i am a little confused on which to use, some of these i have and one or two i might by if that is the one I choose. (The ones with the "*" I own)

1. Meguiars polish (step 2 in the 3 step system)*

2. Mothers Reflections

3. Mothers step 1 (out of the 3 part system)*

4. Meguiars SMR or 3M SMR

5. Meguiars Show Car Glaze* (some one told me this is also a polish)

the steps i was going to do (in case this helps)

1. Wash

2. Clay

3.Wash

4. Polish

5. Glaze (i have both SCG and Mothers Step 2 Sealer and Glaze)

6. Wax with a Synthetic wax

7. Wax with a Carnauba wax

If some one can give me some input to help that gould be great :xyxthumbs

imported_BretFraz
02-10-2004, 07:52 PM
Let`s start with....What do you need a polish to do?

The goal here is to use the correct product for the job instead of trying to make a product work a certain way.

Murph1083
02-10-2004, 07:54 PM
i need it to help hide a few swirls/scratches and to remove some grime the car picked up from road salt and the long periods it had gone unwashed over the winter.

imported_BretFraz
02-10-2004, 08:02 PM
Of the stuff you have, the Meg`s Step 1 is the most aggressive. It will prolly do most of what you want. If you need more polishing power you`ll need to move into something like DACP, 1Z Paint Polish, clearcoat body scrub, something along those lines.

The Step 2 and the Show Car Glaze are basically the same product. Use whichever one you like as they`ll do the same thing. Finish with the wax of your choice (synth or carnauaba, not both). Done!!

Easy, isn`t it??

Murph1083
02-10-2004, 08:14 PM
I have step 1 and 2 of the meguiars system....but what you are saying i dont have to buy anything else. And Sould I use the Meg or Mothers 3 step system polish