PDA

View Full Version : Removing Wax

luke667
02-10-2004, 05:03 PM
if i need to remove the wax from my car, before i do a full detail, what should i wash the car with? now i know people say Dawn...but can i get dawn in the uk?

tnoy66
02-10-2004, 05:18 PM
Luke, the nearest we have to Dawn is `````, but I`d leave it where it is......in the kitchen :)

If you are doing a `full` detail, wash, clay, polish then either seal and/or wax, the claying and polishing will remove whatever you have on there now.

OT, has your car been fixed now?

FlyNavy
02-10-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by luke667

if i need to remove the wax from my car, before i do a full detail, what should i wash the car with? now i know people say Dawn...but can i get dawn in the uk?

A much better (and actually cheaper) product for removing wax is Meguiar`s All Purpose Cleaner (APC) which is also the best all-around household cleaner that I ever used -- works on counter tops, carpets, upholstery, etc.

shaf
02-11-2004, 12:31 AM
I agree with tnoy. Unless you have a relatively fresh and recent coat of wax on the paint I would not bother going out of my way to strip it first.

A number of people still do advocate washing with a dish detergent first though, simply because they feel it cleans better.