PDA

View Full Version : megs pads vs edge pads for pc

6']['9
02-10-2004, 02:30 PM
does any one have any experience to compare the 2, i would like to get the edgs pads for my pc but dont know how much better they will perform or should i stick w./ the megs pads

imported_Greg
02-10-2004, 03:13 PM
http://www.autopia.org/forums/search.php?s=

Edge pads have gotten very poor reviews IIRC. I`d say stick with Megs or switch LC. I have Megs and LC and the LC ones feel much better built!

6']['9
02-10-2004, 03:36 PM
i have the edgs pads and i think theyre made better than the megs cause the adhesive is starting to come off theback of my megs pads even though they replaced them.....

imported_Greg
02-10-2004, 04:47 PM
You are confusing...the first post said you want to try them out, the second one you say you have them and like the quality better than megs.

EBPcivicsi
02-10-2004, 05:18 PM
I use the larger edge pads with the rotary and love them, from what I have seen and read(NOTE: I have not used the edge DA pads personally) the edge DA pads are not well constructed. I have read where two seperate people had the velcro fall off after one use.

6']['9
02-10-2004, 07:00 PM
the megs pads fior the pc are crap, i want some thing that performs better as far as durability and the adhesive backin on the megs SUCKS. I do love the adhesive backing on the edge for my rotory thats adhesiveness.....

imported_edschwab1
02-10-2004, 07:07 PM
I started to think last summer, the Meg`s pads were single use. As I only was able to use the pad once before the backing would seperate from the pad.

I have read what EBP said about the Edge PC pads.

Eric

EBPcivicsi
02-10-2004, 07:29 PM
I`ll say this about my megs pads, some I have had over a year without problems, 2 sperated after one use.

I trace this back to soaking the pad in warm water for long periods of time(45 mins - 1 hour). Once I stopped, my pads have lasted much longer. I now spray a little APC into them right after I use them and then rinse after about 30 seconds. So far, so good.

At one time I could not wait to try the edge DA because of the success that I have had with the larger pads, but now they are not even on my list.