PDA

View Full Version : The First NXT Wax Poll!

Pages : [1] 2

NXT4now
02-10-2004, 01:19 PM
For those who have used NXT Wax...Do you like it or no? As simple as that...No debate on gloss, shine, durability, or swirl hiding ability, but just over all impression in general...

1. Yes, it`s a great product!

2. Pretty good for a $15 off the shelf product, but I`ve used better stuff before.

3. Still undecided...

My 2 cents...comparing to S100, it seems to have better shine and clarity! I like it! My vote for 1.

tom p.
02-10-2004, 01:32 PM

imported_Intermezzo
02-10-2004, 01:37 PM
Me too. I voted 3. It`s waaay too early to tell how this stuff ranks among the elite.

imported_BretFraz
02-10-2004, 01:53 PM
I voted #2 but am still playing with it.

I`ll recommend NXT over stuff like Liquid Glass or Zurtle Wax to someone who doesn`t want to spend $20 on a product and wants to buy it locally. If someone is willing to order online, the whole world opens up and the competition is brutal. Dunno yet how NXT will stack up. Time will tell.

JustinR32
02-10-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by bretfraz

Dunno yet how NXT will stack up. Time will tell.

Well jeez, Bret, that would make you "undecided" I would think! :lol

I picked up a can of TW Platinum today at Advance. I KNOW it`s going to look great, I could spit on my car and wipe it around with a microfiber and it would look great, but I just couldn`t help myself. Maybe I`ll try it on the Malibu.

Tom

togwt
02-10-2004, 02:41 PM
Quote: The First NXT Wax Poll!

~One mans opinion / observation~

I’d have to agree with ‘much too soon to really evaluate “ #3

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect * so i question everything*

everner
02-10-2004, 03:25 PM
"Do you like it or no? As simple as that" I Like it, as simple as that. For me, determining if I liked it or not, was similar to looking at a light bulb. The light is either on or off. No problem...

SergC
02-10-2004, 03:35 PM
Voted #2,looks good,but works like AIO,IMO opinion can`t be layered.

Regards,

Serg

Gadfly
02-10-2004, 04:01 PM
If NXT had been available when I first got my black Santa Fe, I would have saved a couple/three hundred dollars on detailing stuff.

AlphaSpread
02-10-2004, 05:15 PM
#2. Not bad, but I can name 3-4 OTC products I would rather use than NXT.

thinksnow
02-10-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by love2shine

For those who have used NXT Wax...Do you like it or no? As simple as that...No debate on gloss, shine, durability, or swirl hiding ability, but just over all impression in general...

1. Yes, it`s a great product!

2. Pretty good for a $15 off the shelf product, but I`ve used better stuff before.

3. Still undecided...

My 2 cents...comparing to S100, it seems to have better shine and clarity! I like it! My vote for 1.

In my opinion, option number two should be changed to "Pretty good for a $15 off the shelf product, but I`ve used better off the shelf stuff before." I`m not sure it`s fair to compare it to boutique products. Yes, it received rave reviews from everyone and their grandmother but as it was to be released at Wal*Mart, I never considered it anything other than a high-quality layman`s wax. Remember, Mike said that a Varsity NXT was to follow in a year or so.

After playing with it on three cars with completely different conditions, paints, and ages, I can say that it is my favorite OTC fsp (not including S100). There are products that I prefer, but they are all a phone call or an internet visit away. NXT`s convenience factor combined with [my opinion] its A application, B- removal, and B+ appearance set it above [my opinion] all other brick and mortar products.

This was suppose to be a yes/no. Oops.

Yes.

Spilchy
02-10-2004, 06:01 PM
I used it today for the first time on my white 1996 non-garaged Civic.

Despite a harsh winter, I needed no prep since I have a coat of AIO, Collinite Insulator topped with Blitz.

I washed with GC mixed with an ounce of #00 and a sheepskin. I dried with a synthetic chamois that I have used fo years and a MF. (Didn`t want to get my WW dirty)

I wiped down with FI before application with PakShaks.

Since it`s a daily driver, non-garaged, exposed to the worst of the elements, I have some slight marring and a bit of cobwebbing effect when viewed under the right light. Otherwise, the surface is in great shape; nice and slick.

Easy application with the supplied foam applicator; a little went a long way. Smelled real nice, like fruity lifesaver candy! The bottle design is a little tacky, but who really cares! Hats off to the marketing guys though. They did their homework as far as apealing to Joe Consumer; the baggy pants, hat on side ways, eyebrow pierced, import modifying, coffee can exhaust, cheezy graphics, twenty something yuk yuk. (Like JNGR`s Integra...JUST KIDDING!!)

Easy off after 20 minutes with PakShak MF even when left in the sun. No residue, no smearing. I wiped down with FI again when finished.

The paint was ultra slick; very slippery. Reminded me of VM and a bit like AIO too. I liked the feeling.

However, it did nothing to fill in the slight marring and cobwebbing. If it did, maybe just a little. I was a tad disapointed; but then again, I don`t expect a wax to do that.

It`s hard to judge it on white. It`s a tricky color - very bland, no mettalic flake, etc...

The result was nice and wet looking. It had a glow to it. Scottwax says it gets better after a couple hours. I`ll check tomorrow morning.

I must say I do like the final apearance better than the Blitz topper. More pop to it. Again, I like the slickness! Not bad for one application. It completely changed the feel of the surface.

Is it REVOLUTIONARY? Is it GREAT? No, not really (too early)...but it`s a very solid product off the bat and I`ll continue to test and use it on other cars I detail.

The key will be when I apply it to my green Jetta with a PC and finishing pad after proper surface prep. It`s a much darker car and I think I`ll be able to better judge the final look. I`m excited to try it on darker cars. I`m going to layer it on top of Hand Polish. Should be neat!

I`m happy with the look. I`m curious to see what the durability factor is and how it washes the next car wash.

If I were anyone here, I`d buy it. Why not? Why not try it? $15 will do a bunch of cars. Overall, it`s worth the money.

DantePasquale
02-10-2004, 06:08 PM

Alexaris
02-10-2004, 06:45 PM
I would say #1 as a topper and with great prep work, but I would say just by itself maybe #2 I think a combo like AIO-UPP or Zaino could do great stuff comparing to NXT, but NXT on top rocks

By the way I forgot to mention, that washing the car was so easy, if you use the hose at the end of the wash it almost take out all the water from the car, I was really amaze by this

Scottwax
02-10-2004, 06:46 PM
On properly prepped paint, appearance-wise (and we all know how subjective that is), I feel NXT looks as good as most of the boutique products I have used. Durability is still a question mark though, but if it does hold up, then I would pick option 1.