PDA

View Full Version : What`s the info on colorx?

eclemens
02-09-2004, 02:12 PM
It`s in stores, but I can`t make heads nor tails from the description on the bottle. Sounds like everything from a compound to a wax. Is this comparable to anything in the Megs pro line?

VV

P.S. I searched...nothing.

togwt
02-09-2004, 02:38 PM
Quote: This product is a one-step cleaner/polish and synthetic wax.

Very much like Meguiar`s Cleaner/Wax, (A-12 the maroon bottle stuff), only with better cleaning ability, and darkening ability, thus the reason it will restore the true colour.

Part of seeing a paints true colour is have a really clean surface. You don`t want any built-up contamination, DIP, (dirt in pores), chemical etching, etc to block or hide the true colour of the paint from shining through, whether its a single stage, or a clear coat.

So by upping the cleaning ability, this product makes for a stronger cleaner wax for Joe Consumer looking for an effective one-step product.

Easy to use, versatile, can be used by hand or machine.

Mike

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect * so i question everything*

imported_jgv
02-09-2004, 02:38 PM
It`s a one step product, a cleaner wax.

Maybe it has some of the quimicals from NXT as they say it`ll make the paint look like new.

MTomlinson07
02-09-2004, 05:37 PM
I used it on my black truck the other day and was quite impressed with the results, wiped off easily even though it was applied in direct sunlight and had a great shine with no streaks.

Murph1083
02-09-2004, 05:42 PM
glad someone said someting...i was about to post this same topic myself

imported_Larry A
02-09-2004, 09:35 PM
I was wondering if it was like the pro line #66.

MTomlinson07
02-09-2004, 10:06 PM
I`ve never used the #66 so I can`t compare the two

Tim Lingor
02-09-2004, 11:12 PM
Hey,

No, ColorX is in between Meguiar`s Cleaner Wax (maroon bottle)and the their Quick Detailer #66 in terms of aggressiveness.

Tim

imported_NotSoRed
02-17-2004, 11:06 PM
Do you guys think it will be okay to top ColorX with NXT evn tho both of them are a one step items

Don
02-17-2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by NotSoRed

Do you guys think it will be okay to top ColorX with NXT evn tho both of them are a one step items

From what I`m hearing, the Color-X is a one step for not so nice to average surfaces. The NXT is a final step with some swirl filling ability. I think you`d get better results going Color-X, then topping it with NXT.

Patrick
02-17-2004, 11:44 PM
I used it last weekend, i would say its a lot closer to AIO........http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=921#post921

imported_NotSoRed
02-17-2004, 11:48 PM
wow that looks really nice. I must give colorx a try now. Did you top that with anything or is that just colorx??

Patrick
02-17-2004, 11:54 PM
thats just colorX...I have to amdit, i really liked it, a lot......And im not a huge Megs fan.......sorry, my pics are in the wrong order, but heres the b4,........