PDA

View Full Version : Compared Souveran To NXT, My Thoughts.....

MBZ 500E
02-08-2004, 07:44 PM
Well I was lucky enough to attend a Meguiars Car Clinic yesterday and asked Mike if I could raid his shelf full of products! No objections from him so I grabbed a barely used jar of Souveran and decided to do a camparo of it vs Nxt.

I started by dusting the entire surface of my hood with a CD. I then used Final Inspection and an MF to remove any light dirt.

I read the Souveran suggestions which recommended applying the wax and removing it just before it had completely hazed. So I applied the Souveran to the drivers side of my hood.

I then grabbed the Nxt and applied it to the passenger side of my hood.

As soon as I finished applying the Nxt I went back to the Souveran side and removed it. It had just barely hazed over as I was removing it.

Here are MY observations:

1. Application: Nxt and Souveran are equally easy to apply. They both are very easy with regards to effort. Both products were applied with a Megs Yellow Foam Pad by hand.

2. Removal: Both are very easy to remove as well although I noticed significantly more dust with Souveran. I`m thinking I may have used just a bit too much product but not sure. I also noticed that Souveran left white inside all of my paint chips big or small. What wasn`t visible before was not very visible, I need to use a toothpick to clean all the chips, not too thrilled with that.

3. Appearance: Well I have to admit, Souveran definitely is just slightly darker than Nxt. Both sides allowed my metallics to pop though! The Nxt side was slicker and slighter brighter in appearance........a bit more reflective I guess.

So would I buy Souveran, probably not. It looked really good but the marginal difference in darkness isn`t worth $50. That doesn`t mean I didn`t like it, just didn`t wow me to the point where I need to spend $50.00

imported_Greg
02-08-2004, 08:56 PM
I really think Souveran is one of those things that paint color is really dependent on whether its worth it. If I ever really want a wow factor for a show, meet, I still grab the Souveran- my car is flat black. I put it on our silver 350Z and no noticeable difference between it and S100. If I recall, you have a dark grey paint, and I can see why it doesn`t impress you overly.

BTW: Congrats on the Mercedes award banque, that would be like a dream come true! Your car was in some great company and yours looked fantastic!

imported_NHBFAN
02-08-2004, 09:33 PM
I`ve always ruled Souveran out because of cost. But lately I`ve been thinking about giving it a try. Sure it`s pricey, but if I just use it on my own vehicle it will probably last me nearly 2 years.