PDA

View Full Version : NXT, Hype Or Just Perspective?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

everner
02-10-2004, 12:40 PM
If this product isn`t all we say it is, return the unused portion for a FULL refund of the verified purchase price. What IS the problem to solve??? You either like a product or you don`t. If you don`t like it, or feel that you have been duped, GET YOUR MONEY BACK. Find a product you like, and use it often. Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder. Your car, your show.

SergC
02-10-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Intermezzo

You determined `right away` that Klasse`s durability didn`t live up to its rep? Klasse may not look as nice as a carnauba or the latest synthetics, but its protective qualities are unsurpassed.

Couldn`t say it any better,Tony:up ...and I still use it on my Porsches;)

Regards,

Serg

imported_The Uncle
02-10-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by FlyNavy

I got mine from Meguiar`s with free shipping. The NXT is at least as good as Zaino and is less expensive and MUCH simpler to use. I does help to hide minor "cobwebbing" and shines like a mirror.

I tried Klasse years ago because all of my Porsche friends were using it and determined right away that Klasse was mostly hype from the "foreign is better" community.

Yeah, you got your NXT with no shipping costs - but that offer isn`t available now and it still is not an over-the-counter product.

I`m no expert, but I`ve been using Klasse and have found it far surpasses everything I`ve used in the past, at least in terms of durability. I`ve had it on for a few months now, and it looks as good as it did the first day I put it on. We can only hope that NXT works that well. If it does, great. But, in the meantime, Klasse SG has earned some hype, and NXT has not.

Also, I seriously doubt that NXT is a lot easier to use than SG. If you use BillNorth`s method, which does work quite well, SG couldn`t be easier to apply.

I`m not trying to be critical of NXT, but I think you are being fairly unfair to Klasse here (which is a really nice product).

tom p.
02-10-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by The Uncle

... but I`ve been using Klasse and have found it far surpasses everything I`ve used in the past, at least in terms of durability.

I run Klasse on one of the daily drivers. I lay the stuff down in the fall and typically won`t touch it again until April or whenever it warms up. I have yet to see anything that is even close in comparison AND the paint just looks excellent. I`ll go: :up :up :up

I have done a few panels on another of the daily drivers, around Thanksgiving time, with Steve`s Poorboy products. So far, it looks great and is the best product I`ve tried so far on that car.

JustinR32
02-10-2004, 02:35 PM
Yo, Uncle, it looks like Advance Auto Parts has the first shipment. I didn`t see the NXT at Wally`s, K, Target, or Pep`s, but they had a half dozen each of the wax, protectant, and spray at Advance (here in the northeast). I hope this helps.

Tom

imported_The Uncle
02-10-2004, 04:13 PM
I would help a lot if we had Advance Auto Parts in Los Angeles!

Anyway, hopefully it will turn up soon. I`m looking forward to trying it.

BTW, CMA has a no shipping costs promotion running right now. they just don`t carry NXT.

tkr128
02-10-2004, 04:41 PM

I would help a lot if we had Advance Auto Parts in Los Angeles!

Anyway, hopefully it will turn up soon. I`m looking forward to trying it.

BTW, CMA has a no shipping costs promotion running right now. they just don`t carry NXT.

Interesting, I found it locally at Wal-Mart. I was at the Industry/Hacienda store yesterday and they had the whole line. So, it IS available OTC.

imported_The Uncle
02-10-2004, 05:07 PM
There are fairly consistent reports at this site that Wal-mart and Advance Auto Part are already stocking NXT. Of course, there aren`t many Wal-Marts in the immediate LA area.

Scottwax
02-10-2004, 06:11 PM

Also, I seriously doubt that NXT is a lot easier to use than SG. If you use BillNorth`s method, which does work quite well, SG couldn`t be easier to apply.

I don`t think NXT is as easy to remove as it was said to be. Maybe because we aren`t getting out of the 40s and have lots of humidity that it needs to dry longer than 10-15 minutes, I don`t know. I put it on very thin and it still doesn`t seem completely dry after 10-15 minutes and I can feel some resistance when removing it and have noticed some light streaking. Today, I waited 20-25 minutes and it wiped off a lot easier so maybe it is the weather conditions. :nixweiss

It isn`t hard to use, just not as super easy as I thought it would be. After 3 weeks on some of the vehicles I`ve used NXT on, they all still feel slick and bead very nicely. Appearance seems to be the same.

Even in cold weather, SG is a piece of cake to use if you wipe on, wipe off. I also know that the two black vehicles I used AIO/SG on both feel real slick still, even after 6-8 weeks since initial application. I haven`t noticed an degradation of appearance either. I hope after that length of time, the NXTed vehicles have similar results.

imported_The Uncle
02-10-2004, 06:13 PM
I guess the main message is to stay open-minded. Heck, I would never have tried Klasse (and I certainly would not have used it correctly) if not for the many helpful posts on this site. So, I`m personally going to sit back and read what you guys have to say, and then I`ll give it a try when it becomes widely available.

imported_Intermezzo
02-10-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

I put it on very thin and it still doesn`t seem completely dry after 10-15 minutes and I can feel some resistance when removing it and have noticed some light streaking. Today, I waited 20-25 minutes and it wiped off a lot easier so maybe it is the weather conditions. :nixweiss

When applying, the product feels similar to Platinum. It spreads VERY easily.....but dries much faster. Even so, I still noticed some very light streaking like you did with a 15 minute wait time. I`ll try to let it dry longer next time also.

Douxebris
02-10-2004, 06:51 PM
One of the main advantages of NXT, from what I`ve read, is something I don`t see mentioned often. Namely, that it can be applied over a glaze, or over even a carnauba. I know that neither Klasse or Zaino can be successfully applied over these. If this is the case, I think this gives NXT a significant niche, namely protection without "prescribed only" preparation. Are there _any_ other good sealants which can do this?

Jeff Laughhunn

imported_ajbarnes
02-10-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Jeff Laughhunn

One of the main advantages of NXT, from what I`ve read, is something I don`t see mentioned often. Namely, that it can be applied over a glaze, or over even a carnauba. I know that neither Klasse or Zaino can be successfully applied over these. If this is the case, I think this gives NXT a significant niche, namely protection without "prescribed only" preparation. Are there _any_ other good sealants which can do this?

Jeff Laughhunn

:hm......good point. I don`t know of any other sealants that can be a topper, but maybe there is. Anyone else know?:nixweiss

imported_BretFraz
02-10-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Jeff Laughhunn

Jeff Laughhunn

I think some of that talk is hype-generated. I mean, the product isn`t even available nationwide yet but we have people making statements that it works just like well established products. I wouldn`t put much stock into any of that talk until more people use it and compare it.

Keep in mind that for Zaino to bond properly it must be applied to a clean surface. No clean surface, no bonding. NXT isn`t rewriting chemistry here. No sealant is gonna bond to an oily surface. Can`t be done.

Douxebris
02-10-2004, 08:22 PM
"Keep in mind that for Zaino to bond properly it must be applied to a clean surface. No clean surface, no bonding. NXT isn`t rewriting chemistry here. No sealant is gonna bond to an oily surface. Can`t be done."

That`s exactly my point.

It seems that many persons, whose experience of car-perfection I could only hope to attain, are doing _precisely_ this layering. On the other hand, I`ve not read anyone having good success putting SG, Zaino, or other sealant over these layers, successfully. If you could point me to the thread where this is the case, I`ll gladly peruse.

Thanks,

Jeff Laughhunn