PDA

View Full Version : Paint Scuff Marks

AdamCKach
02-06-2004, 09:50 PM
I did a search but couldn`t find tips on removing `my` style of scuffs...

I have an `04 Sport Trac and because of the step bars being close to the lower body trim, every now and then I rub my shoe on the body trim. I try my best to be conscious of it, but mistakes happen.

Also, one time when I jumped out of the bed, my shoe lightly brushed the body and made a small white-ish mark similar to the small ones that were caused by me accidentally rubbing the trim.

From experience, I know not to bother them until I plan on a full proper wash and wax, but I also don`t know how to remove them. I thought about clay bar-ing them, but I am unsure if that will help. I want to avoid wet-sanding or abrasive polishing because it`s a new SUV (bought 1/7) but I am open to the best way to remove them.

EDIT: The ST is black...

Any help is appreciated, folks. Thanks!

MTomlinson07
02-06-2004, 10:53 PM
My mother had several scuff marks on her BMW and clay took them off no problem.

GoodnClean
02-06-2004, 11:59 PM
Probably they`re just rubber transfers from your shoes to the paint, I`d try a claybar first ;)

AdamCKach
02-07-2004, 01:06 AM
Thanks folks. When I clean it this Spring, it`ll be the big test - keeping a black car looking good.

I am not a true autopia nut - I know scratches happen, as do blemishes. I just plan on throwing on some Zaino and reapplying Z5/Z2 every now and then with a nice carnuba top. I`d like it to look perfect, but I will settle for looking pretty good. :xyxthumbs

Thanks again!