PDA

View Full Version : I`m thinking, Gold Class then NXT....

JustinR32
02-06-2004, 11:56 AM
I`m thinking that might be very sublime and beautiful.

So far I`ve found that I like the look of NXT better than NXT with Pinnacle Souveran Paste(!) over top, which leads me to conclude that NXT is the final coat of anything that it would combine with, since up until now Souv has been my final coat of choice.

What I`m thinking is, do the GC for darkness, then on Sunday NXT the sono```un and see what happens. I could get the one thing I love about GC, its richness, and then all the great attributes of NXT! Hey, it`s an ice storm here today, and I can`t go anywhere; why not wax the car?

Any opinions?

Tom

NEW AGAIN
02-06-2004, 12:16 PM
Should work just fine just do your prep work first [wash, rinse, clay, wash and dry again] Why are waiting that long to apply the NXT

I`m trying this combo can`t wait NO more ! Color X then NXT on a white expedition soon as the weather get right in Wilm, NC high wind [15-25]and rain

George Wax
02-06-2004, 12:22 PM
I would see it as pointless to use NXT over Gold Class..however, I do agree as NXT being the final topper..A better approach would be to use Speed Glaze and then finish up with NXT, or better yet M-83-32 then M-81-32, and finally NXT..

While I was in training we did notice Gold Class first and topped by M-26-16 Yellow Wax did produce very good result`s..

vprdak
02-06-2004, 12:40 PM
I too am thinking NXT over Gold Class. I have been planning on using this combo since late December but the weather is jus not with me on this one. Can`t wait till spring break!

topnotchtouch
02-06-2004, 12:42 PM
Anyone familiar with the look of both GC and #26? I was planning to use #26 as a base and then top with NXT. I have been using #26 for ages and love the way it darkens my paint. Does GC compare in that area to #26?

Thanks

vprdak
02-06-2004, 12:46 PM
According to Meguiars # 26 is quite a bit more durable and produces a shine that rivals GC. But GC is supposed to make the paint slightly darker. At least thats what they told me.

JustinR32
02-06-2004, 01:30 PM
I`m pretty familiar with the Meg`s waxes and glazes.

Thx, newagain, actually the car gets waxed like once a week, even in the garage during the winter. I`ve waxed it 3 times in the last week. I NXT`d it on the 23rd and 25th of Jan, Souved it on the 30th, NXT`d it again on the 1st of Feb, NXTQW`D it on the 3rd, and just finished GCing it a moment ago.

GeorgeWax, I would`ve #7`d it first (non-clearcoat `n all), but I didn`t think of it, thanks for reminding me.

Bob, GC is darker, and handsome, but #26 is very rich, and wetter and glossier.

There`s an ice storm here today, and I`m homebound, so I decided to try this. If it doesn`t work, I`ll still have a shiny car.

I did get very interesting results from putting the GC right over the NXT, by the way. The cleaning power of the GC seems to be greatly reduced. The amount of red on the removal towel is almost negligible compared to normal GC use, compared to if I`d used GC directly on the paint. I had figured that GC would remove NXT, but it didn`t feel like that at all, it felt like the applicator was "skating" over the NXT. I`ll take a pic and post it after lunch. This might not be signifigant at all, or it might say that NXT is one tough product, I don`t know.

Oh, the car looks like it always does, really shiny.

Tom

JustinR32
02-06-2004, 09:57 PM
This came out really nice. Pictures in Click n Brag.

Tom