PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Griot`s Best of Show Wax?

imported_kgb
02-06-2004, 08:58 AM
I am just curious as to if it was hard for you to take off or not. I used it on my black car, seen here, http://www.autopia.org/gallery/showgallery.php?ppuser=8665&cat=500&thumb=1 and remember it was really hard to get off. Just wondering if I was doing something wrong.

togwt
02-06-2004, 10:24 AM
Quote: Anyone use Griot`s Best of Show Wax?

~One mans opinion / observation~

I’ve been using it for a long time, ever since, at a Concourse event someone kindly let me use his as I forgotten to pack my show detailing supplies. I’ve also noticed a lot of entrants at these events use it.

The application method that works for me is thin, super thin. (try a layer of their paste wax, lat it dry and then apply Best of Show, really works as they say)

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect * so i question everything*

Accumulator
02-06-2004, 10:36 AM
2001civicex- Yeah, I found it harder to work than the other waxes I`ve tried, but I wouldn`t call it hard to use or anything (but then I never seem to find waxes very hard to use..). I had other reasons for not liking it.

imported_kgb
02-06-2004, 10:38 AM
Tell me why you don`t like it Accumulator...pm me the reasons if they might cause a war in the thread. ;)

imported_nowaterno
02-06-2004, 11:07 AM
nice deep shine, royal pain to get off. I don`t use it any more.

Accumulator
02-06-2004, 11:33 AM
2001civicex- Heh heh, I`m not afraid of starting a flame war, probably wouldn`t be the first (or last) time. And anyhow, I`m usually the guy who`s PUSHING Griot`s stuff; I`m a big customer of theirs.

It`s been years since I used BOS, so my memory is sorta foggy. But I was SO unhappy with how it looked (and felt, slickness wise) that I did a direct comparo on the hoods of two cars (pearl white Audi, blue Volvo). I DEFINITELY preferred the look and feel of EVERY other wax I had on hand (Souveran, Meg`s #16, Trade Secret, Malm`s, and Pro, as I recall).

I also used it on a metallic burgundy Audi and I didn`t like how it looked on that, either. The metallic just didn`t "sparkle" the way I like it too. That car looked a LOT better *to me* with Meg`s #16 on it (which also lasts a lot longer).

The BOS didn`t last as long as "durability" waxes, and *I* just didn`t like how it looked on the paints I tried it on. Plus, as you said, it isn`t the easiest wax to use.

But hey, I only tried it on three cars.

I hope no one takes this as a slam at people who DO like it. I`m pretty opinionated about how I like my cars to look, and I see differences that others don`t. I just think that I`d always have a better option than BOS. Meg`s #24 for dark depth, Souveran for all-around good looks, P21S/Meg`s #16 for shine, PPG for "sparkle", Autoglym, Collinite, 1Z MP+ P UPP, so many combos I like better than BOS no matter what I`m going for.

But maybe this is headed towards: the prep means more than the last step product. People who like BOS would probably like how other products look too, because they`re prepping the car well. Just gotta find what YOU like, if it`s BOS, cool.

Your Civic really looked great with BOS, huh?

imported_kgb
02-06-2004, 11:40 AM
Yeah it did but you know what...I think my Civic looks the way it does because of my polishing and paint prep before the wax. Because that pic is old and it looks just as good with Poorboy`s EX. I found my bottle last night and was just thinking of the BOS was all. It made me remember what a pain it was and was curious if I was doing something wrong. I will stick to the EX which makes my job much easier. :D

tom p.
02-06-2004, 11:54 AM
... my ever-expanding shelf of retired products :mad: ....I should have returned it for a refund. My experience was in line with comments made by everyone else.