PDA

View Full Version : Pc Uk

Pages : [1] 2

Ch!lledBudwei2e
02-05-2004, 11:22 AM
Were did the people in the UK end up getting their PC from? Ive seen in the UK thread that it`s a American order, has there been any avaliable in the UK?

If from America how smooth was it all?

Cheers

tnoy66
02-05-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Ch!lledBudwei2e

Were did the people in the UK end up getting their PC from? Ive seen in the UK thread that it`s a American order, has there been any avaliable in the UK?

If from America how smooth was it all?

Cheers

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31867

All the info you need (and some you don`t) right there :D

Some sad news though......Newmarket transformers have just increased prices.....1KVA shipped incl VAT is approx £70 :(

Take note about the USPS shipping from here at autopia ;) :xyxthumbs

Any further ?? please ask

imported_pugoman
02-05-2004, 12:11 PM
I can`t recommend the Autopia shop enough. It`s no different to ordering something from the UK.

I ordered my PC on a Wednesday and got it the following Wednesday - can`t grumble at that! I`ll be ordering the Klasse twins and some other bits once my existing stock has run down. Don`t worry about ordering from the US, go for it!

The only thing to think about is if you have to end up paying Duty and VAT or not. But that`s all seen to after you`ve taken delivery of it anyway.

Hey, Tony - looks like another one for plugs/sockets! :D

Alex Creasey
02-05-2004, 12:33 PM
Yeah, Support Autopia shop. You may find it a few dollars cheaper elsewhere but, with the exchange rate in our favour at the mo, it`s not that bigger deal. Mine and Andy C`s came together in four days.

Good luck :).

tnoy66
02-05-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by pugoman

Hey, Tony - looks like another one for plugs/sockets! :D

Already upped the order to 8........for this very reason :D

Customer service at autopia is :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs

Ch!lledBudwei2e
02-05-2004, 01:14 PM
Have you all been hit with duty and vat, because as I see it there are ways round it, as in used goods, or a gift? A lot of people use this method for Computer goods.

edit:

Oh my lordy , is that the price of transformers!

Could someone give me some transformer specs ( what I need to be asking for ) I need to have, Im hoping my fathers work might have some they no longer need!

tnoy66
02-05-2004, 01:24 PM
pm sent

AndyC
02-05-2004, 01:25 PM
- what everyone else said -

Will leave the electrical questions to the non-muppets here! I think all-in my PC, pads, tranny etc came to around £215 which I think is blindin value for money - well that`s what I keep tellin myself anyways!

The results are worth it - a zillion autopians can`t be wrong, after all....!!

tnoy66
02-05-2004, 01:29 PM
Most of us use a transformer rated at a minimum 1KVA. There are cheaper ones available at screfix.com but if you get that, make sure you order the special plug at the same time, shipping is free over £45......if you forget you have a very expensive plug, you`ll get hit with a shipping charge just for the plug.

Look at what your buying as an investment that will last you a very long time. Your car will thank you for it :)

imported_pugoman
02-05-2004, 03:02 PM
A couple of hundred quid is not too much to spend when you think about it. Put it like this - you won`t just be using it on your present car, you`ll be using on the next one, the one after that and the one after that etc, etc... The PC will keep going for many years. I`m just glad i`ve got mine and now I can forget about it - it`s always gonna be there when I need it.

butchdave
02-05-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by tnoy66

make sure you order the special plug at the same time, shipping is free over £45......if you forget you have a very expensive plug, you`ll get hit with a shipping charge just for the plug.

Ask me how I know :o

tnoy66
02-05-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by butchdave

Ask me how I know :o

I knew someone had said it before..........I didn`t think anyone had ACTUALLY done it..........I won`t laugh

:LOLOL :LOLOL :LOLOL

imported_vindaloo
02-05-2004, 04:51 PM
Although I got mine from Coastal, I can`t recommend the fantasic service you get from the David at Autopia, first rate.

BTW Detailers paradise have apologised fro misplacing my e-mail & I have just completed an order on some pads, (rebadged LC`s I think) for $7.95 ea plus $10 carriage on 3, blinding value I think

PS. UK newbies don`t forget our own Alex`s superb service

Lowejackson
02-05-2004, 05:46 PM
For the benefits of having a fully working PC for a few hundred pounds, it is great value for money. It does not sound like value until you see the results.

The Screwfix transformers are great and if you forget to order the plug any Machine Mart or similar will sell them for a few pounds. A 10m 110v extension is less than a tenner.

Maybe I am just to lazy to buy Amercian leads and plugs.

Order your pads and polish from Alex but dont forget good old 3M polishes from almost everywhere in the UK

imported_jgv
02-05-2004, 06:10 PM
I bought mine from premiumautocare, and as my father has an electrical components business My transformer was for free :D and about the plug, I cuted the original one and replaced it for one of those computer like ones to fit the transformer box.