PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart Microfiber

Pages : [1] 2

MTomlinson07
02-04-2004, 09:59 PM
While I was at wal-mart today looking for NXT (they didn`t have it) I saw 5 packs of microfibers for $4.86, they are light blue/white and are 14in x 14in. The company that makes them is Concordia. Has anyone else used these? are they any good?

Jcrawford
02-04-2004, 10:11 PM
I bought two packs a while ago and they were good in the beginning but they are not durable at all. i`d rather a good quality terry cloth.

thinksnow
02-04-2004, 10:13 PM
They appear to be manufactured by none other than David Blaine. When he is not too busy in ice or the elevator from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, he is turning out well-priced MF`s good for wheels and windows.

I don`t use them for final buffing, as they have always felt a little rougher than my other mf`s. I still have the ones I bought a year ago and they do see heavy use so durability is good. Do a search, others have claimed they pass the cd test...

dlw
02-04-2004, 11:19 PM
I use the heck out of the Wal Mart MF towels. Do great on the CD test and at about a buck each, durability hasn`t really been a concern. My oldest ones are about 6 months old and seem fine. I`ve used them on my son`s black Prelude and my dark red metallic Vette with no marring at all. Nice thing is, if I ruin one or two, they are cheap enough to throw away.

Jesstzn
02-05-2004, 12:03 AM
I have had good luck with them too

BlueDragonZ
02-05-2004, 09:53 AM
They work out really good for me. :up Before I found this community, I was using them to QD my Z with great results. I`ve had mine for about 10 months now and they seem to be holding up pretty good.

AutoNova
02-05-2004, 10:01 AM
I tell ya the Wal-Mart towels are only good for the door jambs after about 2 uses and washes, they are 2 thin and feeble after a couple uses. I have been using the Costco towels which are great for the price much plusher and I use Pak Shak. After having used all 3 multiple times and evaluated feel and durability the Pak-Shak towels come out on top. They remain much softer after 15-20 washes. If you are in it for business use Costco or Pak-shak, weekend warrior use Wal-Mart.

Of course to defeat all this my friend who has the detail shop at Mercedes Benz uses all terry cloth towels that he gets through Aramark a linen service?

Glossequation
02-05-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by 360RamGuy01

While I was at wal-mart today looking for NXT (they didn`t have it) I saw 5 packs of microfibers for $4.86, they are light blue/white and are 14in x 14in. The company that makes them is Concordia. Has anyone else used these? are they any good?

They are ok, I just bought some. They tend to lint a bit after washing so for me they are all purpose/general utility MF`s...I use the Turtle Wax ones from Autozone I have found these to be a suprisingly good MF.

I know Scottwax likes these too.

Jesstzn
02-05-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by blackcaraddict

I use the Turtle Wax ones from Autozone I have found these to be a suprisingly good MF.

I know Scottwax likes these too.

I have bout 8 of these .. passed the CD test and I really like them for interior window cleaning. I also use them under the stock foam pad on the PC for wax removal.

ntwrkguy1
02-05-2004, 11:57 AM
I bought a 25-pack of these at BJ`s.....they are great for wheels/door jambs, etc, but I`m not all that comfortable with using them on the paint just yet. Costco`s MF`s are great as well, very plush and `paint friendly`.

ptim
02-05-2004, 12:22 PM
I also have the Wal-mart MF towels, they seem to be ok and I havent had any problems with them, 3 Months Old, so far.

George Wax
02-05-2004, 12:24 PM
Under what section are the Costco MF`s located? What does the package look like?

beastie
02-05-2004, 12:33 PM
I have a few of them. They lint quite badly. I reduced them to door jambs, wheels, interiors and the bathroom and kitchen where they do a good job of cleaning up. I also use them for emergencies just because they happen to be the only ones available. I just tried a bigger microfiber towel that I also bought from WM from the kitchen section: tan colored and 2 for about $5. Used these yesterday for QDing the car. Did quite good. I like (for now).

turborave
02-05-2004, 12:58 PM
i also found the Walmart MFers (heh) to be linty.. they are now put on dirty duty.. i have a nice pack from costco that i havent even opened yet. and i have a bunch that i have accumulated from various other sources, one of them being Bed Bath and Beyond`s kitchen towel section. they sold some decently sized white mf towels.

George Wax
02-05-2004, 01:02 PM
Where did you find that pack of microfiber`s at Costco? under what section?