PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about NXT *WASH*

eclemens
02-04-2004, 07:43 AM
Is there anything special to this wash, or are my current alternatives that I already have sufficient (gold class wash, P21S shampoo)? I assume NXT isn`t washed away by the standard car soaps? Obviously not talking about Dawn or anything.

Thanks

VV

togwt
02-04-2004, 09:03 AM
Quote: Quick question about NXT *WASH*

~One mans opinion / observation~

Two schools of thought:

1) Using ‘same’ products for a process (NXT wash, wax, booster spray)Synergistic compatibility [: each step building upon the results achieved by the previous product/ process]

2) Providing you use a good quality car wash that provides a pH-balanced blend of active biodegradable ingredients, to provide lubrication to prevent scratching, to lift and encapsulate dirt, road grime and oils. With conditioners to maintain the shine without stripping the paint of essential oils (the way detergents do) it shouldn’t make any difference

Dawn :angry is a household detergent cleaner and I don’t think it has a place in a detailers arsenal of vehicle cleaning products (sorry about that, but I feel better now ;)

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect * so i question everything*

eclemens
02-04-2004, 09:20 AM
I know this :) That`s why I put a note about it. I always use a decent to good car wash soap (gold class is the lesser of anything I use)

VV

Originally posted by TOGWT

Quote: Quick question about NXT *WASH*

Dawn :angry is a household detergent cleaner and I don’t think it has a place in a detailers arsenal of vehicle cleaning products (sorry about that, but I feel better now ;)

George Wax
02-04-2004, 11:32 AM
As long as you use a "car wash soap" you will be just fine..i.e. gold class, P21s shampoo, NXT car wash..

jmsc
02-04-2004, 01:09 PM
as I see it of the NXT Car Wash is the anti-static ingredient. I don`t believe Meg #00, P21S and Sonax which I`ve used have it.

If it works as advertised, this will be great for keeping dust/pollen away from the surface come spring.

imported_Aurora40
02-04-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by jmsc

as I see it of the NXT Car Wash is the anti-static ingredient. I don`t believe Meg #00, P21S and Sonax which I`ve used have it.

If it works as advertised, this will be great for keeping dust/pollen away from the surface come spring.

Huh, how would that work? I mean, water is a pretty big anti-static ingredient. But the static usually builds up while drying it. Does NXT leave something behind?

jmsc
02-04-2004, 07:41 PM
I`m just reading what it says on the bottle. An anti-static chemical is probably left behind after washing/drying to help repel dust. Due to weather I haven`t been able to test it yet.

Maybe Mike P. can answer the ? as to what the anti-static ingredient on the label refers to.