PDA

View Full Version : Any word on NXT durability yet?

Pages : [1] 2 3

DefBringer
02-03-2004, 07:47 PM
I think most of us will agree it`s going to be a great product, but I am concerned about how long this product will last. I will use it over AIO/SG as I am sure many of us will, but I don`t want to have to apply it weekly to keep it looking slick/wet.

Any of you NXT "beta testers" out there have any input on how well this stuff stands up against rain/snow and or just time itself?

Thank you!

Mods, if this isn`t the appropriate forum, I apoligize in advance.

Scottwax
02-03-2004, 07:53 PM
It lasts at least three weeks Tony. :p

I don`t think we will have any difinitive answers until March or April, and if you live where there is a lot of industrial fallout or acid rain, your results won`t compare with an area that is more wax friendly.

Scottwax
02-03-2004, 07:55 PM
Oh yeah, btw, NXT looks really good over AIO/SG on black...I have pics of a BMW 740 in my gallery with that combo.

rstype
02-03-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by DefBringer

I think most of us will agree it`s going to be a great product, but I am concerned about how long this product will last. I will use it over AIO/SG as I am sure many of us will, but I don`t want to have to apply it weekly to keep it looking slick/wet.

Any of you NXT "beta testers" out there have any input on how well this stuff stands up against rain/snow and or just time itself?

Thank you!

Mods, if this isn`t the appropriate forum, I apoligize in advance.

The production version of NXT has been available to the public for only a month, so we cannot fairly say. I applied it to areas of my black car January 17 and will post a full report February 14th.

Originally posted by BW

(1-14-2004)

Received mine yesterday, but I promise not to post reviews until February 14, 2004. I figure 99% of products in general have great initial reviews. Once the hype dies down, we`ll be able to study a product more carefully.

1/13 - Start subjective testing

1/17 - Start actual panel comparison

1/24 - Wash #1: Record data

1/31 - Wash #2: Record data

2/7 - Wash #3: Record data

2/14 - Post final results

jimmybuffit
02-03-2004, 08:32 PM
I like NXT. Nothing that is earthshattering, but I like it.

While your request is valid, who`s gonna have that knowledge? Time is your friend on this one.

Word on the street (in the industry) is that is simply a reworked version of their existing (#20?) sealant.

Are you like me? Confused by their numbers? Check out their newest website! New numbers that completely disregard/ignore the old regimen...

Crazy stuff.

Jim

stevet
02-03-2004, 08:49 PM
jimamary,

What new website are you talking about?

NozeBleedSpeed
02-03-2004, 09:14 PM
I havent done any type of comparison testing. I applied one coat NXT on 1/17/04. The car was beading like typical synthetics do, days after application. Nice small, tight beads. The surface was very slick and reflective the day after application. It was a beautiful finish 24 hours after applying.

Its now been 2 weeks. It rained yesterday and i watched the water run off of the car with almost no beading at all. The slickness is almost all gone and reflection is a bit diminished. This car is parked outside and I have no idea what that may mean about the actual durabilty of NXT. Beading, reflection and slickness may not be any indicator at all, of actual presence. While the appearance has diminished, the protection certainly may still be there. Its just my observation.

jimmybuffit
02-03-2004, 09:30 PM
Here`s the `new` website. Do you see the confusion?

http://www.meguiars.com/store_meguiars/index_pro.cfm

Jim

JustinR32
02-03-2004, 09:30 PM
Jim; NEW NUMBERS? I just figured out the old ones! Except I still get #80 and #82 confused. I don`t remember which one has the polymer in it.

Tom

Mike_Phillips
02-03-2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by jimamary

IWord on the street (in the industry) is that is simply a reworked version of their existing (#20?) sealant.

Jim

Now who would have this kind of inside information?

(100% wrong information by the way)

Just how did this person draw these conclusions?

Mike

BradE
02-03-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by NozeBleedSpeed

I havent done any type of comparison testing. I applied one coat NXT on 1/17/04. The car was beading like typical synthetics do, days after application. Nice small, tight beads. The surface was very slick and reflective the day after application. It was a beautiful finish 24 hours after applying.

Its now been 2 weeks. It rained yesterday and i watched the water run off of the car with almost no beading at all. The slickness is almost all gone and reflection is a bit diminished. This car is parked outside and I have no idea what that may mean about the actual durabilty of NXT. Beading, reflection and slickness may not be any indicator at all, of actual presence. While the appearance has diminished, the protection certainly may still be there. Its just my observation.

That`s a very interesting observation, and one I`m not at all suprised with. Your not alone. I`ve spoken with others testing NXT for durability, and they report similar observations.

jimmybuffit
02-03-2004, 09:56 PM
Mike, you`re quick!

Same guy says Barry has the `shop` for sale via MacDonald & Company in Cleveland...

The logic is that he`s ready to retire, has no heirs, and wants to divest...

THIS IS ONLY A RUMOR!

But, if I was goin dress my outfit for sale. I`d pump sales best I could, by filling the pipeline with a `new` product line.

THIS IS ONLY A RUMOR!

Just what we hear...

Jim

imported_Aurora40
02-03-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by NozeBleedSpeed

Has the car been washed recently, though? My cars with the #16 are all crappy sheety too due to the poor weather. I`m quite confident a wash to remove all the salt dust will restore that beading I love so much. ;)

Mike_Phillips
02-03-2004, 10:05 PM

Mike, you`re quick!

Same guy says Barry has the `shop` for sale via MacDonald & Company in Cleveland...

The logic is that he`s ready to retire, has no heirs, and wants to divest...

THIS IS ONLY A RUMOR!

But, if I was goin dress my outfit for sale. I`d pump sales best I could, by filling the pipeline with a `new` product line.

THIS IS ONLY A RUMOR!

Just what we hear...

Jim

Oh... I wouldn`t say I was quick...

But the word on the street is wrong. That`s all.

I know first hand the two chemist that created this formula. They started from the ground up.

Totally new formula.

Mike

imported_Aurora40
02-03-2004, 10:08 PM

Here`s the `new` website. Do you see the confusion?

http://www.meguiars.com/store_meguiars/index_pro.cfm

Jim

Those are the actual product numbers. They aren`t that confusing. For example, #7 is M-0716. The M is for Mirror Glaze (pro) line, 07 for #7, and 16 for 16 oz. So good old #40 is M-4016 in the spray bottle, and M-4001 by the gallon. Not different... ;)

Also, consumer stuff seems to be A, unless it is Gold Class, which is G (NXT seems to be "G" also). Detailer is D.