PDA

View Full Version : NXT vinyl protection vs 303

Pages : [1] 2 3

ced
02-03-2004, 06:18 PM
how is the nxt vinyl protector vs 303?

Robb
02-03-2004, 06:21 PM
just tried the nxt today, seems a bit shinier than 303. dunno how long it lasts, spreads easy enough and i like the shine

Spilchy
02-03-2004, 06:27 PM
I bought the whole NXT line minus the protectant.

With #40, Vinylex and 303, Pinnacle, BlackFire I see no need.

Plus, to be honest, IMHO, outside of #40, Meguiars commercial rubber & vinyl protectant isn`t that great. I love #40 and will use nothing else.

That Gold Class stuff is miserable.

MetalSludge
02-05-2004, 12:57 PM
I just returned from Advance Auto and they had this in so I bought a bottle of it. I am really impressed with it. I cant comment on 303 as I have never used it but I have tried about 7 different kinds of sprays on the dash in my new truck and couldnt get the shine and sparkle I was looking for. Closest thing I could get to what I wanted was Megs Instant Shine but it didnt last very long and attracted LOADS of dust.

The NXT went on great didnt streak and the shine is what I was looking for. Wish I had a digital camera I would post some pics.

Also picked upt the NXT wax and now all i need is some decent weather to try it out.

krwaxbz
02-05-2004, 01:06 PM
Has anyone tried the Mr clean carwash system? What did you think?

bob

ranch4x4
02-05-2004, 04:03 PM
That`s what I don`t like about NXT protectant, the shine... doesn`t look natural to ME.

I prefer 303 since it gives a nice matte finish and extra UV protection.

imported_Aurora40
02-05-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Spilchy

I bought the whole NXT line minus the protectant.

With #40, Vinylex and 303, Pinnacle, BlackFire I see no need.

Plus, to be honest, IMHO, outside of #40, Meguiars commercial rubber & vinyl protectant isn`t that great. I love #40 and will use nothing else.

That Gold Class stuff is miserable.

Well then, since krwaxbz already broke open the hi-jack, what do you think of Vinylex compared to #40? For some reason I suddenly feel compelled to buy some Vinylex (and to send in for the $5 303 samples)...

stevet
02-05-2004, 09:09 PM
Aurora40,

I use #40, 303, and Vinylex. I use them on different things but they are all good.

To answer your question, I find Vinylex has more shine than #40 but #40 lasts longer and is a better cleaner. I use #40 in the engine and on exterior trim. I use 303 and Vinylex on the interior and 303 on the tires.

groebuck
02-06-2004, 01:32 PM
#303 is so far the best I have tried - I like Poorboy`s Natural look as well (great smell)

regarding the Mr. Clean device - stay away - waste of money

Murph1083
02-18-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by krwaxbz

Has anyone tried the Mr clean carwash system? What did you think?

bob

do a search on it. Theres many post about it. Seems to me people arn`t too fond of it but everyones entitled to their opinion.

imported_BretFraz
02-18-2004, 04:25 PM
Guys,

Don`t forget that NXT protectant is SOLVENT based, not WATER based like 303, #40, Vinylex, most of our faves.

As long as you are aware of the ramifications of solvent based protectants, feel free to use it.

armoredsaint
02-18-2004, 04:41 PM
You guys are lucky to be trying out the new NXT products, we don`t even have the wax yet!

imported_memnuts
02-18-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by groebuck

#303 is so far the best I have tried - I like Poorboy`s Natural look as well (great smell)

Ditto. The only 2 I use presently. When these 2 run out in a few years I will probably try the Vinylex and #40. :wavey

acohen100
02-19-2004, 01:03 PM
I have used only 303 and just tried the NXT. I thought the NXT was a little too shiny on the dash. Worked great on my tires though. The problem with 303 is that if you even touch a spot you applied it to, it is off instantly, leaving dull spots everywhere. Thats what I don`t like about 303.

BTW, what is the issue with solvent based vinyl protectants?

MBZ 500E
02-19-2004, 01:24 PM
I just tried NXT protectant for the first time this past weekend and have to say I was impressed. It was exactly what I was looking for.....for my tires. It cleaned my tires brilliantly (considering they hadn`t been cleaned in a long time) and left a dry satin finish. What I really appreciated about the product was how fast it dried. No chance of streaking with this product. I guess this is associated with the solvents, but I doubt Meguiars would sell a product that intentionally harms vinyl/rubber to achieve good results.

I will say I`m planning on sticking with my Mercedes Vinyl protectant for my interior for a couple of reasons. It leaves the surface looking natural and smells like leather.;)

I haven`t tried 303 so I can`t compare unfortunately. Anyone want to send me a sample?:D