PDA

View Full Version : WARNING...all read

Pages : [1] 2

imported_fireberd350
02-02-2004, 05:27 PM
I saw something yesterday that I would have never thought be a danger.

I was at the local self-service car wash (you know the ones w/ multiple bays and a powerwash, brush, etc).

Anyways the vehicle ahead of me, new Elantra, was being cleaned and as i`m watching the kid wash it, it looked like the wall fell over. I thought I was halucinating until I heard the crash.

I then realized it was a wall of ice. The ice forms on the walls slowly and this wall in particular had ice over an inch thick!!

It crashed down on the little hyundai and did some damage.

BE CAREFUL in those things! I never would have thought of anything like that happening before.

Luckily it was him and not me, I was driving my bosses Black $40k+ truck and detailing it for him, he would have murdered me.

I guess the moral of the story is, winter sucks!

imported_ajbarnes
02-02-2004, 05:30 PM
:eek: Whoa, that sucks!

What part of Philly are you from?

imported_fireberd350
02-02-2004, 05:31 PM
Actually outside of philly, Delaware County.

GoodnClean
02-02-2004, 05:38 PM
Man I never even thought about that...

We went to the coin-op today and my fiancee asked what that was on the walls and I explained to her that it was an ice sheet...

Ouch...

Scottwax
02-02-2004, 06:01 PM
Not normally cold enough here for that to happen, but I do agree with your conclusion:

WINTER SUCKS!

LouisanaJeeper
02-02-2004, 06:04 PM
What is this "ice" you speak of? :)

Pats300zx
02-02-2004, 06:55 PM
Actually outside of philly, Delaware County.

I work in Philly...live in Chester County..not far from Delco...

imported_fireberd350
02-02-2004, 06:59 PM
I know Chester Co. My g/f goes to West Chester Univ. I`m up there a few times a week.

Redcar GUY
02-02-2004, 08:45 PM
just one of many reasons never to go to one of those "places"

imported_kgb
02-02-2004, 09:40 PM
I never thought of that! Most of the ones around here have heated floors...they should use electrical heat tape on the walls!

txz28
02-02-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by LouisanaJeeper

What is this "ice" you speak of? :)

I think I have seen it. :confused: It is in that tray in the freezer.

stevet
02-02-2004, 11:39 PM
I had this happen to me a couple of weeks ago. I was spraying the rear of the car and the layer of ice on the wall next to the passenger side of the car fell off. Lucky for me my car was far enough away that the ice just smashed on the ground next to the front tire. It was a very close call. Now when I go to these places I park outside and walk in and kick the wall. The loose stuff falls off then I pull in. I also try to get as much distance between the car and wall as possible.

titus
02-03-2004, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by:txz28 ---

I think I have seen it. It is in that tray in the freezer.

That`s it (ice)!! Goes into the glass before the adult beverage. :D

_

shaf
02-03-2004, 12:45 AM
Holy cow :eek: - I don`t think it ever gets cold enough here for that to happen, but who would have thought of it?

This is definitely a new one, but once you mention it, it makes sense.

imported_chewy
02-03-2004, 08:38 AM
I went down to a coin operated car wash in Aston--Delaware county to wash the salt off the car. The owner was cleaning out the stalls and removing the ice buid-up from the walls.

I could see where something like the above could happen--the ice in the stall being cleaned was pretty thick and there were large chunks falling off the walls.

Winter--let`s move into SPRING!