PDA

View Full Version : Armor-All Diamond Hard?

AutoNova
02-02-2004, 02:55 PM
I can not find the Armor-All Diamond hard shine carnanuba wax anywhere in my area, does anyone know the major retailers that carry this or where to get it?

imported_BretFraz
02-02-2004, 05:46 PM
I believe its been discontinued. You might find it at smaller parts stores, hardware stores and other retailers that may not turn their inventory as much as the Big Box retailers. It`ll take some digging to find.

CRXSi90
02-02-2004, 07:47 PM
ugh, my clumsy fingers just hit the back button located to the left and right [foreward] of the up arrow on the keyboard. Too bad, the post was coming along well.

-I saw some of this wax last year sometime in the middle of wisconsin. I concur that it has been discontinued. I`m not saying that it is a bad wax [haven`t tried it] but as I recall, Geekysteve, who headed up "The Wax Test" which I assume you are looking at, said that the high score was likely due in part to the wide availability of the product and the low price. My memory also says that he didn`t agree with the publisher that a numbered list of waxes [i.e. the number one wax is:...number two...] should be published.

Look at the qualities of the wax and decide for yourself if it is right for you.

Oh yeah, as I recall, it smells like coconut. :)

also interesting: http://www.epinions.com/auto-Car_Care-Waxes_ArmorAlll-ARMORALL_Car_Wax/display_~reviews/pp_~1/pa_~1 [reviews of the product]

Spilchy
02-02-2004, 08:14 PM
The Honda dealer where I have my Civic serviced has it in their Service Dept. It`s sitting in a dusty display case with other Armor All prodcuts.

AutoNova
02-03-2004, 08:22 AM
Well according to the wax test this is as good a product as many other expensive products add received an editors choisce award, it is not available anywhere around here. What carnuba`s do you all reccomend that don`t cost $25 for a little can? Should I just go with Meguiar`s gold class wax?

Glossequation
02-03-2004, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by AutoNova

Well according to the wax test this is as good a product as many other expensive products add received an editors choisce award, it is not available anywhere around here. What carnuba`s do you all reccomend that don`t cost $25 for a little can? Should I just go with Meguiar`s gold class wax?

No go with Meguiar`s #26 which you can get at Autozone...Gold Class reflects great, but doesn`t last long at all.

Steve @ Guru
02-03-2004, 09:27 AM
Or, try S100 at $14.95...

The Armor All did well considering its price point, general ease of use and availability (at the time). It`s a nice wax, but it`s not on the same level as a S100 or P21S or Pinnacle...it won its category because it did look good on our panels (which further proves that a properly prepped surface can help make many waxes look great), and it held-up pretty well.

And as CRX mentioned, I *hate* our score cards and I *hate* ranking the products in any type of order...people get too focused on the finishing position and it gets everyone bent out of shape for all the wrong reasons. ;)

AutoNova
02-03-2004, 10:35 AM
I actually found a case (6 bottles of Wax) (6 bottles of AA protectant) on E-Bay for $27 so I picked it up and it should last a while. I also want to get some PS12 but how many cars will a can of the PS12 do? I just like the rest of the Autopians, I like to have a lot of different waxes in the arsenal.

Horseman2475
02-03-2004, 05:41 PM
S100 on sale at a-bay.

shaf
02-04-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by AutoNova

I actually found a case (6 bottles of Wax) (6 bottles of AA protectant) on E-Bay for $27 so I picked it up and it should last a while. I also want to get some PS12 but how many cars will a can of the PS12 do? I just like the rest of the Autopians, I like to have a lot of different waxes in the arsenal. One can of P21S/S100 will do "plenty" of coats. Unless you wax like an absolute madman, it will last you over a whole year for a single vehicle. It goes on very thin, and that`s the way it should be done.

It`s still probably one of the best paste waxes out there. Not for durability, but just for relative price point, and ease and speed of use. There`s a reason why the Wax Test editors loved this product...

AutoNova
02-04-2004, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by Horseman2475

S100 on sale at a-bay.

Can not find, please post thread.

Horseman2475
02-04-2004, 12:25 PM
At top of page click on a-bay. Under Detailing Supplies click on Waxes, Sealants and Polishes. You will see S100 Combo. Click on it.

AutoNova
02-04-2004, 12:45 PM
I don`t see it, I went to E-bay motors clicked on the Emblems, Decals and Detialing button but I don`t see a waxes and polishes. Take me throught it form the home page please.

Horseman2475
02-04-2004, 01:14 PM
It is on the page you are now looking at. Scroll to the top of this page and you will see the word abay. Click on that. It is also on the top of the Autopia homepage. Look to your right.

Scott P
02-04-2004, 02:53 PM
AutoNova...go to abay, not ebay. abay is the Autopia section of stuff for sale by members.

Hope this helps. :)

http://www.autopia.org/classifieds.php