PDA

View Full Version : who here has an actual detailing business?

Pages : [1] 2

Bluedog
02-01-2004, 07:03 PM
Who here on autopia actually has their own detailing business either a physical store or mobile detailing?

Im thinking of writing up a business plan for a detailing business and was curious on whos already established their business.

Any input is greatly appreciated:)

imported_ajbarnes
02-01-2004, 07:28 PM
Alot of us here has a detailing business:

I myself, turbomangt, shineshop, jimamary, nydetailer, 2001civicex, anthonyorosco, rlspringer, scottwax, mirrorfinishman and alot more!

I`m pretty sure some of them will chime in and offer their advice.

But, what is it that you would like to know specifically?

imported_elortt
02-01-2004, 07:43 PM
Mobile Detailing. what info are you looking for?

Eric

tpgsr
02-01-2004, 08:46 PM
:up me too i can answer plenty of questions, just need a more detailed question what exactly are you looking for?

Auto Care USA
02-01-2004, 09:05 PM
31 years and counting.

Patrick
02-01-2004, 09:49 PM
:bigups

jimmybuffit
02-01-2004, 09:49 PM
Fixed location?

Location x 3.

You`ll hear that alot. For good reason.

Jim

Turbonator
02-01-2004, 10:50 PM
mobile, 10 years and still going.

wash_me
02-01-2004, 11:23 PM
Mobile, full time in the summer, 2 years and still growing.

imported_Terry
02-01-2004, 11:40 PM
Although I`m an apprentice on the board.....I`ve been making a few dollars at this business for a few years......Really it`s more of a hobby that I get paid for!!!!!I love my ( hobby)Is it really a job?.......... :up

imported_COBRyan
02-02-2004, 12:14 AM
Mobile, but only part time. I agree it is a hobby for me but I love the money too! It`s amazing how detailing one car can turn into 5 cars to 20 cars and so on just by referrals and recommendations! I dont even have to advertise. Word of mouth keeps me busy enough. I am only 22 but have detailed for a few years at dealerships (Carmax, Toyota) and just recently for myself when I realized I was pretty good at the job. I am currently in the process of joining the police academym but only time will tell on that plan!

Scottwax
02-02-2004, 12:30 AM
12 years, 10 full time in April of this year....which reminds me, I have to renew my DBA!

Anna
02-02-2004, 12:50 AM
Fixed location.

I`ve been detailing for 3 years now, part time.

I quit my "Other" job January 1st and now I am detailing full time. I LOVE IT!!

Good luck with your business.

Anthony J. dba Valley Auto Cleaning

safetyman2010
02-02-2004, 10:41 AM
Fixed location for over 10 years.

Bluedog
02-02-2004, 10:51 AM
Wow!!! Thanks for such a hefty reply everyone! :)

Im very interested in knowing everyone`s business what their unique product/service is, what their primary customer is, form of distribution, marketing, financials, and so forth. Im doing my business plan on behalf of one of my classes here at USC too. But of course, I choose to do it on detailing out of my passion for it.

I do have ALOT of questions so if you guys dont mind, please be patient as I prepare, summarize, and compact them so its easier for you guys to answer and provide insight on them.

And while im here, would anyone be willing to allow me to interview him? :) Either by phone, AIM, or simply via email? I want to interview some industry perfessionals (especially those who have conducted business for many years) and really ask some in depth questions about the detailing and industry in general. This will give me very valuable information for my business plan. Of course, I will adjust my schedule to your time so it will be of least inconvenience to you. Plus, Im just a fellow detail enthusiast like everyone else here so it will be nothing formal. If you dont mind me spending a few minuits with you or just a few emails back and forth, please let me know:D

Again, much thanks for everyone who responded. The response was quite unexpected and really motivating :)