PDA

View Full Version : NXT at Advance Auto Parts

ZaneO
02-01-2004, 05:44 PM
I just picked up 2 bottles of NXT at Advance Auto Parts :D

One for me and one going to Norway c/o taxidriver.

It`s probably going to be a week before I get a chance to use it, but I am excited.

Just thought I would let everyone know that it should be available now.

:up

andriver
02-01-2004, 06:10 PM
Hey ZaneO thanks for the heads up. BTW, I was born and raised in Lubbock. Graduated from Tech. Good to see someone from the big L....Andrew

taxidriver
02-01-2004, 06:24 PM
Hi Zane,You are the best Bro :D:D

This could only happen att Autopia

Complete strangers helping each other out like this

foris2
02-01-2004, 06:32 PM
Way to go ZaneO - - Good you`re sending one to taxidriver. I guess us Detailers are a special bread.

ZaneO
02-01-2004, 08:47 PM
andriver - I am in my final semester at Tech right now. I am originally from Amarillo, so this area is no stranger to me. I love Texas!

taxidriver - Your bottle will be in the mail in the next couple of days.

foris2 - I felt bad for him since they aren`t getting any out there unitl this summer, so it`s no sweat off my back :up

AutoNova
02-01-2004, 08:49 PM
This stuff leaves white residue, I am not too pleased with that. Anyone having these problems?

JustinR32
02-01-2004, 10:53 PM
Mine wipes off fine, it`s one of the least residue products I`ve ever used. I`m assuming you are putting it on thin, thin, thin.

Tom

LouisanaJeeper
02-01-2004, 11:03 PM
Will this stuff stain dark plastic trim?

ZaneO
02-01-2004, 11:35 PM
The bottle says to keep away from trim.

Scottwax
02-02-2004, 12:24 AM
Small world. My sister went to Tech, although she refers to the town as "Lubbuttocks" ;)

imported_jgv
02-02-2004, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by LouisanaJeeper

Absolutely not. I left some residues after application last Wednesday and yesterday I cleaned them nice, with a single wipe.

ZaneO
02-02-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Scottwax

Small world. My sister went to Tech, although she refers to the town as "Lubbuttocks" ;)

Yeah, Lubbock isn`t my favorite place to live, but what can you do when you are in school?

I really do like Amarillo though. Do you ever make it up this way for anything?

Mike_Phillips
02-02-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by LouisanaJeeper

It`s not to bad. If you accidently get some on some trim and wipe it off immeadiatly, then my experience is you will not have a white residue problem.

For the most part, any car I buff out I tape off the black and dark colored trim so it`s not an issue in the first place.

Check out Home Depot for Safe Release Scotch Tape. It`s blue in color, comes in a variety of widths and relatively inexpensive, especially compared to the time it can save you.

Mike