PDA

View Full Version : 7 coats of Ex-P

Pages : [1] 2

rabbi
09-15-2004, 03:56 PM
and dirt comes right off. Used Top of the Line`s Bubblebath to wash the car. Most of the dirt came off when I jet streamed the water against the car in preparation to soaping down the car.It is difficult to keep water on the car with a sealant working as well as the EX-P is. I thoroughly washed the car. Removed the nozzle from the hose when it came time for the final rinse. Water sheeted off the car. I then dried it with a SuperSoft Drying Towel from P.A.C. This towel soaks up water as if it`s thirsty. Although there was not much water on any of the surfaces this towel greedily absorbed it. I put the 7th layer on the car at 11:30 am in the bright sun using a Poorboy`s sponge. At 12:45 pm with the sun beating down on the car I went outside and wiped it off with a green micro from Dwayne. No gummed up towel as it glided over each panel. As I was wiping off the last section of the car(front right quarter panel) my daughter got in it and off she went. I know she appreciates it!:lmfao. Tomorrow I`ll add the 6th coat of UPP to my wife`s car and wash it with Plat`s Ultimate CarWash Shampoo.

norahcrv
09-15-2004, 03:58 PM
Hope you got out of her way!!

Don`t you just love PB? IMHO!!!!

MattZ28
09-15-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by rabbi
As I was wiping off the last section of the car(front right quarter panel) my daughter got in it and off she went. I know she appreciates it!:lmfao.

AHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! :lmfao :lmfao

Boss_429
09-15-2004, 04:13 PM
Rick,

I would go with one more coat of EX-P............ maybe two............ OK, three! :lmfao

rabbi
09-15-2004, 04:16 PM
Bossman, the sad truth is that I probably will.

rabbi
09-15-2004, 04:20 PM
Norah,my problem is every product that I`ve tried I loved. For this I have the "City" members to thank.

The Chee
09-15-2004, 05:52 PM
Rick, what`s your favourite sealant , those that you have tried?

rabbi
09-15-2004, 05:58 PM
Right now I like EX-P on my dark green metallic and UPP on my wife`s silver metallic. I have used Wolfgang`s on my wife`s car and it darkened the silver and slightly masked the metallic which I didn`t like. For this reason I use UPP on the silver car. UPP makes her silver shimmer. I will do side by`s as time allows so I can do direct comparisons.

uflraptor
09-15-2004, 06:20 PM
rabbi,
how do you find EX-P holds up to Ohio winters?

Shawn

rabbi
09-15-2004, 10:18 PM
Haven`t used it yet for a winter. Last year I used UPP for my "Winterization Protection Plan". I found(unscientifically) that the multi layers held up until mid March. How I came to this finding is how easy the salt and road grime came off my car. By mid March the dirt(most of it) was no longer coming off the car with just the water pressure.

MattZ28
09-15-2004, 10:34 PM
Did you notice any improvement after 2-3 layers of EX-P, or are you just mental like me? :D

rabbi
09-15-2004, 10:39 PM
Can`t say for sure if I seen an actual change but I can tell you once I wash and slap a coat on the car it absolutely gleems. Even at night you can see it`s gloss. I do know the multiple coats of UPP darkened my car but it didn`t seem to on the metallic silver.

norahcrv
09-16-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by rabbi
. . . As I was wiping off the last section of the car(front right quarter panel) my daughter got in it and off she went. I know she appreciates it!:lmfao. . . . .

Did she at least bring it back clean and ready for another coat? :lmfao

rabbi
09-16-2004, 11:27 PM
The car came back less clean and with less gas. There is so much street maintenance going on in Cincinnati that it`s a joke. A bad one but still a joke. A car can`t stay clean in this city.

norahcrv
09-16-2004, 11:33 PM
I don`t think Cincinnati has cornered the market on street maintenance!
There`s a 3 mile stretch on my way to work that was reduced to one lane in each direction from three.
It was originally posted as "temporary" from April 1 til August 7. On August 8, the signs had been changed to read September 7, and they still didn`t make that deadline! It is now finally open, but still needs to have the final repaving done!

Unfortunately, here in AZ there is no "street maintenance" season, so it`s a year round problem. Guess that`s the price we pay for not having to deal with the white stuff, freezing and all that other winter!

Then there`s the dust - don`t get me started . . . .