PDA

View Full Version : Coin-op`s: how i hate them.

drdetail
02-01-2004, 03:08 AM
I finally get a break in the weather today to wash my car, so i do, but its so windy here in californias central valley that i get spots galore from the water drying so fast. Then as i pull my car to the vacuums it get mud on it because the industrial trucks use the place to get rid of the mud that gets caked on their vechicles. I was hoping to get some privacy but lo and behold every nimrod with his filthy bronco was there using the ultra high jet powered hose setting, whihc covered my car in a fine mist while i was trying to escape the parking lot, and my car was pretty much as dirty by the time i got home as before i started. Not to mention my car now has a ton of swirls cuz the wind today put a nice layer of dust on it mid drying which i couldn`t see till it was too late, i gotta get some qew.

me :argue coin-op`s :wall

Scottwax
02-01-2004, 11:40 AM
:lol

I know how you feel. I occassionaly use coin-ops when it is late and I just want a quick spray down so I don`t have to wash my car when I get home. Most of the time, the places are packed.

imported_ajbarnes
02-01-2004, 12:52 PM
One of the several reasons I converted to QEW!:xyxthumbs

MnRiverman
02-02-2004, 04:33 PM
The coin ops drive me crazy.... I always get depressed when I go to the one near my house, and I see all these people with fairly nice cars using the half frozen "foaming brush" (Bad enough it`s a brush, but it`s frozen too!) on their cars.

I try to go at night to minimize my distress!

- Anthony

thinksnow
02-02-2004, 04:44 PM
My favorite part of the coin-op wash is the "Consideration For Others" deposit as you drive in.

If you get the long vacuum hose off the hose hanger and proceed to use the vacuum, how much time do you save letting gravity take care of the hose instead of re-hanging it? I`m thinking it is in the tens of seconds. Second, when did inducing swirls in your paint with old t-shirts and using fling-off tire dressings become the occasion for Bass Wars 2004?

GoodnClean
02-02-2004, 05:03 PM
I was just at one today spraying the car off (it was nasty) and this 25-30ish couple were in the bay next to me in a 2003 or so black ML320, well they had sprayed the car off well, and I noticed as I was going to get change the wife was rubbing something off with her finger and the husband told her to wait, that rubbing it before he washed it would scratch it, that he would get the smudge off afterwards. My Autopian heart warmed a second, and I got my change, as I walked back by I witnessed the scratch-concerned husband feverishly (I mean with a vengence) scrubbing the back of that black ML320 with the foaming brush. We`re talking put all your weight into it.

Sure am glad he stopped his wife from scratching it :rolleyes:

taxidriver
02-02-2004, 05:39 PM
I,m Lucky i guess! most of the coin op,s in my hometown (Oslo)

Are very nice. no foam brush,just soap and jet spray,And if you want too, you can also use a wather hose and do it by hand :D

tguil
02-02-2004, 09:13 PM
Watch out for the hoses at the coin ops. I accidently hit the side of my 2003 Ram pickup with the hose as I moved from one side of the bay to the other. The hose came around with such force that it put a dent in the side of the box above the rear wheel well opening. My own fault. Fortunately a PDR tech will be able to get the dent out OK. I guess that Dodge Rams are not so "tough" after all. :D

Tom :cool: