PDA

View Full Version : Newbie to detailing about poorboys

pkchung987
09-15-2004, 11:09 AM
hello i am a total newbie to car detailing and do not know a single thing... by reading some threads i thought the poorboys brand was a good choice so i was thinking of buying their polish... it says that it cleans and polishes at the same time? if thats true then i dont need any "pre" cleading or anything right? also whats the difference btwn wax and polish? do i need to polish then wax? i just purchases a mazda 3 and i am looking for a product that is easy to apply and yet is potent to last to protect my car... i dont understand half of the things you guys are talking about so please be blunt and straight forward ^^ also where to purchase the items? what are the cheapest and good applicator/dryer? where to get them??!??!

so sorry for so many stupid questions but i really have no idea.. =( thanks for everyone who took the time to read ths far!

JaredPointer
09-15-2004, 11:12 AM
Polish = clean
Wax = protect

It sounds like you are looking for a one-step type product. And you like the Poorboy`s line. A lot of people suggest Polish with Carnauba(PwC) from Poorboy`s.

You can also get applicators and MicroFiber cloths from any of the online sponsors here. Just click the links to any of them in the Sponsor box on the homepage. Good luck shopping!!

Welcome to the board and ask away! Lot`s of people here to help you out with any of your questions!!

pkchung987
09-15-2004, 11:13 AM
thanks bro! so i guess i will buy their polish and wax... but how do i apply them? do i put polish then wait certain amount of time then wax?? do i use the same applicator for both or use separate? do i need drying towel for polish?

The Chee
09-15-2004, 11:17 AM
hi welcome to DC, check this out first http://www.ocdetails.com/html/detailing_guide.html :)